Monday, October 20, 2014

rinehart cites stationer



Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. (Louisa May Alcott)

Today I went tot he appliance store, got a salesman who was so nervous I had to finish all his sentences.  In theory I spent a ton of money.  In reality I walked out with my dignity and some ideas.  I nixed the high, HIGH end and took myself down a peg to more normal.  I love love love a giant industrial refrigerator with a glass panel in the door, drool all over it but reality tells me that my unmatched Tupperware and half eaten rotisserie chickens wouldn't look 'pretty' in there.  So I banned windows in the refrigerator and 'saved' a couple thousand dollars.  I went down two notches in the dishwasher, I'm perfectly happy with the KitchenAid I have now, all I care about is it being quiet and it is.  Saved hundreds.  And the range-  I took my want list from a 48" 8 burner 2 oven giantess back to the way *I* cook and I'm back to a 36" model in a less expensive model that has everything I want-  saved $1500 plus it comes in these colors, I just pick and they deliver-  cool!
I may have to add this to my color wheel page!
After being fleeced at the appliance store, we went out for lunch to the fish market and brought home a couple of varieties for me taco on my OLD stove.  I have no idea what color to pick, but I'll tell you the lavender (second from the bottom on the right) is gorgeous but I doubt it would be big in the resale department.  I'll be more conservative.

This picking stuff out is daunting.  I don't know what I'm doing.


And hey, I don't know diddly squat about most art, but I do know what I like.  Sometimes I don't like the things I show you but they tickle my ironic bone or tweak my curiosity, or make me ask WTF???  Here's one now.

After a weekend of controversy and attacks, Paul McCarthy's so-called 'Tree' has been taken down in Paris.  Here are the before, during, and after:

 Of course such an 'art piece' attracts proponents of seeing it in a new site-  too funny!
After a rough start for Paul McCarthy’s 80-foot tall “Tree,” which included a few punches and name calling by people unhappy with the artist’s provocation, the inflatable green sculpture has been, well, unplugged. Within a day of being unveiled, “Tree” was already the target of critics, who turned off the fan keeping it inflated on Friday night. Later, several straps that were keeping the work securely in place were severed, according to Le FigaroEventually, authorities decided to deflate the sculpture after the artist agreed that its time in Place Vendôme was over.





 Yes, it’s that time of year again for the world’s largest flower parade, Corso Zundert in the Netherlands! Located in the small town of Zundert at the Belgian border, the annual parade features 20 giant floats created by various districts within the city. To encourage a wide breadth of creativity the parade never has a theme, leaving teams free to design whatever they want as long as the floats fit the within 20 x 10 meters and are completely adorned with dahlia flowers.






And Away I Go----  I need a drink too.

1 comment :

LA Paylor said...

omg I'd never be able to choose a color stove. Good luck with that. The squirrel pic is too funny.
LeeAnna