Saturday, July 02, 2016

americanism sci cheryl

"I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top." 
Will Rogers


Remember Sneezy from Penn State?  He's graduating.


Before I get going, I found this spectacular antique sewing machine I have to share~

Look closely-  the whole machine is built with Lego, even the glasses and the scissors!  I don't know who did it, but I bow to their talents!  Love!


Big News on the studio front this morning!  Hopefully the trolls, fairies, and undocumented aliens who live there under the tables haven't disrupted my progress over night.  I actually found three more bed quilts at home to cut into today.  Nobody wants 'em, so what the hell.  I have them in my car to take over and do the deed-  such puffy quilts should add quite a few inches to the total, and I have some purchased bedspreads that will serve on the beds now instead of my hand-crafted- THAT NOBODY WANTS...So, I will be able to keep to the 'rules' of this game by not buying anything, only reusing what I have, and downsizing the quilt population here which had been out of control for some time.  I am eyeing a table runner on the table right now-  perhaps I will wait before cutting that up since I have so much to work with already.  
Hold fast, little runner, your days are numbered-  view your future!

THIRTY THREE INCHES!
(and the sacrifice of Lucille Ball Mandala in the process)

The disks from the centers-  I have to decide how I can add documentation to these, or whether I should just do something else with them.  Could be the start of a different Autobiography project.  Who knows...

Completely unmovable, completely unphotographable, completely impossible to exhibit except in it's natural habitat.  Sigh.  But I'm gonna keep on going until there isn't a quilt within four blocks.  Gonna keep Dreaming the Impossible Dreeeeeeeemmm...



ART PART for today
What if you could escape the pains of daily existence by transforming into a goat? That’s the question UK-based designer Thomas Thwaites asked himself while dog-sitting last year during an anxious period of underemployment. A blissfully sleeping dog, Noggin, inspired the idea. Unlike, say, self-help books or psychotherapy, this solution, he reasoned, would get at the root of all his problems: being human.

prototype to becoming a goat

the completed transformation

socializing with his peers.

In GoatMan: How I Took a Holiday from Being Human (Princeton Architectural Press), Thwaites chronicles this transformation, a hilarious mashup of performance art, experimental engineering, and psychological self-study. “Even the queen worries. To be human is to worry,” Thwaites muses in the book. “Wouldn’t it be nice to live totally in the moment, with no worries about what you’ve done, what you’re doing, or what you should do? To step away […] from your very self itself? Wouldn’t it be nice to be an animal just for a bit?”

Some days are worth getting up for all the weirdness available out there in the world, eh?  
But I still don't want to be a goat.

1 comment :

Max said...

Fare thee well Lucille . . . one of my faves . . .