Wednesday, October 26, 2016

orthography fovea orthonormal

Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in.
Amy Lowell


Fishersquirrel

Well now, in the TMI department I broke out in a itchy mean rash all over my back and part of my front the other night.  So when Benadryl didn't help, I actually called the doc since I have never been allergic to anything.  He sent me a pack of some steroid I don't remember and I've been taking handfuls of pills and it seems to be clearing up.  I went in to see him today and he said, "Yup, drug rash."  Well, yup, I don't take any drugs...except some probiotics which somebody told me were great.  Well, they were for 3 weeks until they weren't.  I had already decided that since the other day was quite cool, only in low 70's and windy that I would wear a sweater for the first time in 2 years-  a cozy wool and cashmere fabulous one I've had on the shelf for a long time, but still had tags.  It was so cozy, made me want to move back north!  Tried to make a deal with the doc to keep my beloved 'drugs' and to throw away the cashmere but nope,  I have to do the opposite.
This is a reasonable facsimile of me, pretty, huh?

So now I have a new something to take the place of the probiotics and more serious to stick in my suitcase 'just in case' for my trip.


Thanks Pablo, I needed that.
Today I had a pretty much itch free day at the studio working on the binding for the Addendum quilt.  I finished one side and will do the second side tomorrow because it's all curves and turning things under on the back- involved and fiddly.  I have to get it all backed and bound before I see if it needs any additional fortifications-  I have a feeling that areas will flop forward without some artificial means of support...  But I can't tell until I pin it back on the board.  Why in hell did I stop making square quilts?


I have 11 pieces ready, or almost ready, to go out the door, but I only need 10-  2 are taken up by the Autobiography and the Addendum but I will have to pare down one that doesn't 'go' with the others.  



All this activity leaves my walls bare:

In Other Good News, I mailed out the bag of 30's tablecloths last night.  I could barely carry it into UPS, but I got it out and emailed the gal who bought it and fingers are crossed that she likes it all.  Supposed to get there today or tomorrow. 

 ANYBODY LIKE BARKCLOTH???
I've got yardage of a couple of pieces, curtains of others, and quite a few pillows cases for your porch.  Some are new, some are pretty faded and shabby, maybe passed the chic part a decade ago but I still live a multitude of patterns all together, especially for a tropical look.  If you ae at all interested I have pictures and will measure yardages.

ART PART




The traditional Japanese mending technique called kintsugi, where a broken ceramic object is repaired with gold, silver or platinum, to accentuate the damage and ‘honor’ its history.  So beautiful, I'm sorry I threw away all those shattered dishes!

1 comment :

Max said...

Bark cloth? did you say Bark cloth? I yam, I yam!