Wednesday, July 25, 2012

searchlight seashore seaside







But the answer to how to live is to stop thinking about it. And just to live. But you're doing that anyway. However you intellectualise it, you still just live. Damien Hirst 


Today my friend at Wellesley College sent me this excerpt from Wellesley Professor Ann Velenchik talk to the Sr. Class last month:
"Good enough is good enough. You hear me? I know you think that out there in the world are millions of fabulous women doing everything perfectly. Not so much. Not so much. This morning, I told my son that really, you could wear your lacrosse game shorts while they were still wet, because they got into the washer, but not out of the washer. And so we drove from Brookline to the Roxbury Latin School with my son holding gym shorts out the window, because I told him the wind would dry them. I told my students in Writing 125 this spring that there were really only two kinds of papers in the world. You know what they are? Done and not done. So you will serve yourself well if you learn to identify those things into which you want to put the effort to excel, and those things that are not important enough to you to do so. Because anyone who tells you that she does everything to the best of her ability all day long is a big, fat liar."
Transfer this to art-  'There are only two forms of quilts out there-  done and not done"  Watch tho video below for a laugh-  the dog is me-  always making sure EVERYTHING is done, even stuff-  like moving the cat- that takes care of itself!


Oy, too much for one morning.  Phone is ringing, will it be Mitt or Barak?  Later.

Almost yarn bombing, but instead a protest in Beirut against burning tires!  


making the Facebook rounds



No comments :