Saturday, February 16, 2013

excess linear influent


 Consistency is the last refuge of the  unimaginative.   Oscar Wilde*
(*borrowed from Liza because I love it too)

AND, just to prove I like consistency, repetition, rhythm, and order in spite of my chaotic, undisciplined, random life:


My cold cold heart-
We finally ate up the chocolate Valentines last night:
And another silly holiday bites the dust.

Shoulda put this up a few days ago but frankly have been too busy and getting little done.  I did manage to clear out a few thigs from the closet, only forced into it because we did some consignment shopping the other day and I couldn't force one ore hanger into the space.  So, I bought some new skinny hangers and have been re-hanging what I really like and use.  So far I have run out of hangers and there are still things in there to be culled.  That took half a day.

I'ts been so awful out here since I returned, a week of rain that never seems to stop.  Still I want to be in rain more than snow so I'm not complaining, just stating a fact and feeling sorry for my friend from snow country who came down to lie on the beach.  Told her I'd lend her an umbrella so she can do that today no matter what.  Time is running out and we haven't been able to do much of what I had planned for activities. Bummer time to be here for her.  

Found a bunch of ads from a Detroit agency for an art school and fell in love with them-  I'll show you in small pieces, the first, which I sent of to my art director son as soon as I found it:


Next I found a place that takes kids drawings and makes them into 3-D toys.  They are quite small, wish they were larger, but the concept is so cute.  Trouble is that by the time you get the drawing, send it, they make it up and return it, the kid has forgotten that he did it!  You could actually scan their drawings, print them out any size, and sew them up with fiberfill yourself in much less time.  Just sayin'.  But aren't they cute sitting around?



And so, I am off and out here.  There is the beach to sit on and drizzle, there is Artigras, the huge annual outdoor art show, the fabulous farmers market in West Palm Beach-  I just am hoping for ONE dry day to jam all thos stuff into!  And dry shoes.   Happy Saturday.  (One can hope)

No comments :