Thursday, February 14, 2013

lignite bradbury fanciful


Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?  Sun Tzu


Couples that Worked
Christo & Jeanne-Claude
Bulgarian-born Christo and Moroccan-born Jeanne-Claude met in 1958 and married in 1962, becoming partners in their relationship as well as work until Jeanne-Claude's death in 2009. They are most known for their environmental works, many of which are large-scale installations.  Happy Valentine's Day.  


Made three of these today for my friend Lisa who is staying here in the rain and shopping with me, for me, and of course for TY.  The rental car broke down on the way home from the airport so a truck pulled up and transferred this to us: 
Yup, it goes fast.  It's stripped down, and she is threatening to make me ride in the back! When was the last time you rode in any car that had a bench seat in the front?  A BIG one?  It's rained all day today but we did manage a walk this morning with the dogs on a tandem leash-  they sure seem happy I'm home.  We did a bit of consignment shopping and I found some unworn bronze boots that followed me home.  So cool, know I will love them for years, and a brand name I would normally not even look at.  So, Boston, bring it on!  I'm officially outfitted for the situation.  So, that's about the end of our adventures today, It's great to be back, the rain is a non-entity after the snow I've been through.  All's right with the world.  And now on to President's Day.





What's for Dinner Drum-off


Holy Batwings, AquaMan!  French designer Guillaume Binard partnered with Aqua Lung to create Oceanwings, a wetsuit inspired by skydiving wingsuits. Free-diver Pierre Frolla demonstrates the wetsuit in this video by Jerôme Espla.


matchstick map U.S.A. (burnt/unburnt) is a 2011 installation by Paris-based artist Claire Fontaine (previously) constructed from thousands of green matches that were inserted into a wall at the Portland Institute for Contemporary Art as part art of “Evidence of Bricks” at the 2011 Time-Based Art Festival.





 
Bat Orphans being cared for.

Little Porker hits the carpet exhausted after trying out his new wheels,  Chris P. Bacon is the name of an adorable little 4 lb. piglet who has no use of his back legs. He can now, however, get around on a dog style wheelchair that was custom built out of K’NEX pieces by veterinarian Dr. Len Lucero. According to the Toronto Star, Lucero acquired Chris P. Bacon from a young lady who brought the handicapped piglet to his place of work (Eastside Veterinary Hospital in Florida) and did not know what to do with him. You can see Chris P. Bacon in action in the videos below or follow his challenging journey via Facebook and Twitter.If there is one complaint that viewers have, however, is that the wheels seem too light for Chris. However, the vet has since weighed the wheels down by about two pounds, and the wheels work better now. At some point, he will graduate to a larger wheelchair donated by the group known as Handicapped Pets.



1 comment :

Mary Beth said...

I so love the westboro thing. I can imagine a gravestone engraved with something like: Gone on ahead to prepare a way to a toasty reward or two for the whole Westboro Church Gang! I'll be sure to put in a word or two for y'all!"