Wednesday, June 05, 2013

matchers promotion aleck



Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.—Miles Davis.


I got a nice surprise today, well, actually two surprises but only one good!  Today Mary Walter did a little piece on her blog about my Twins quilts.  She wrote about how I love to use vintage fabrics and both the examples she put up are indeed 99% vintage.  I think this is my little niche in the huge quilt world.  I have enough vintage stuff to keep me going for the decade or so I have left!  

The  second surprise, the not-good one, was that my CD and it's case with my entries was smashed by the time it reached it's destination.  The director notified me and I was able to submit the images by last second email. Now it's wait and see if it makes it in!  I kind of feel I should get in by default for 

Today it's all about color wheels, outmoded ones but still so beautiful.

And my favorite colorful examples-

 For his new photography series titled "The Pantone Project", Chicago-based photographer Paul Octavious captured images of his hand holding up a Pantone swatch to match the scene in the background. The project started out as a series of instagram posts trying to “match all the PANTONE colors to things I find in everyday life.”




I love this---
and it's detail
'Amusement Park' by  artist James Dive for this year's Sculpture by the Sea event in Aarhus, Denmark. The giant sculpture was created by compacting an entire amusement park, including rides, bumper cars and even prizes into a four metre cube. "The project is about the finality of a missed moment," James says. "Creating it was undoubtedly the most violent process I’ve ever embarked upon.”.




and some cute little felted bags-

 Amazing felted bags, scarves, and 'objects' by Atsuko Sasaki     
            Her motto:  "Carry the art♪" means to live with the art. 



Almost a squirrel, but not quite.  Meet the CHIPMUNK of the day~  I can so identify.


No comments :