Friday, December 15, 2006

Dreamlike Flag Onion

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art." - Charles McCabe



Today is the day my daughter and SIL close on their first house, high excitement in the north country here. Today is also the day TY returns back from FL for the holidays. And today is the day I invited my SIL and BIL over for spagetti with broccoli rape. Because I have to take off at a moments notice, whenever the closing is over, to help paint the new living room and deliver the traditional salt and bread, I have dinner all ready to go with the table set and the water ready to boil. Of course I could be sewing on the Buck Quilts while wasting time, but instead I am here again. To even further waste time, I finished all my wrapping. I cannot tell you how I have learned to hate Christmas- it used to be my favorite time but now it is nothing but chores and I don't even do the three big parties or house decorating or massive Christmas eve dinner or have houseguests or make cookies or send cards- nada. This year people are getting several small gifts each, things I have picked up over the summer and fall to keep me out of the 'mauls'.

This year we have been invited to several parties, but all are on the same two nights with every other night free so we have to send regrets to some I would like to attend. Bummer. On the other hand, we are also invited to two parties after New Years- what a great idea to wait a week or two so there aren't conflicts.

And finally, here is my best throw pillow:

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Love the throw pillow, but don't throw it!