Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Newest Family Member



OK, so it's not really a family member because I don't have much of a family any more. Basically I guess this would be my Step-Car. I will probably ride in it once and then be banned forever more. Not for putting my bare feet on the dashboard, not for smoking in the passenger seat, not for throwing trash out the window (oh, nevermind, there aren't any friggin windows!) but instead for insolence. Yeah, he will get me for that fer shure.

Meanwhile, back on the cement ranch, today I broke the back seat cupholders while I was putting the back seat down to haul a huge box home. Yesterday I broke the sunroof by simply opening it now it is stuck open and makes grinding sounds when I try to fix it. Usually I can fix things by a judicious use of brute force but apparently window apparatus (yup, I DO have windows- 8 of them counting the way-back and the new 'rain roof, doesn't respond to hip-checking.

So, isit quilts you want to know about? Try this: It came from here, where there are several more.

I also found another example of my Buick Printing, except this is done with an actual steam roller. More prints made by steamroller! And I thought I invented it.
The Magpie and Cake blog was the source here.
Remember when David Letterman used to be funny and did all sorts of things with heavy equipment? I think he was my first influence. The print at Magpie & Cake looks quite wonderful- crows I think, my favorite subject. I wonder if Rent-a-Tool has little steam rollers available by the hour. Road crews on their lunch hour don't really like me using their equipment plus I would have to pay a cop to maintain traffic control.

3 comments :

Deb Lacativa said...

OMG is that a COBRA??@@?!

I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

WOW !! A silver penis in the driveway!

Sandy said...

Well, Anonymous, I would agree with you except that this little fellow gets to bunk in the garage- because if you read my post carefully you will understand that IT DOESN'T HAVE A TOP, and lives in freekin' Florida where there are daily tropical storms. MY car now lives in the driveway with pelican droppings all over it. Or maybe it's flamingo droppings.

Sorta like me buying 4" heels just to look at on the shelf because they are sooo cute.

pssst: wanna buy some shoes?