Thursday, September 17, 2009

I feel like Huck Finn

Got to the studio today and this was the sun coming in the front door making a design on the opposite wall. Yup, 1100, that's me!

I started working on one of the shelf units thinking that I can pretty much always figure out a way to do what I need to do. But these shelves were 48" wide so I couldn't reach both sides at once. I struggled for about 45 minutes and didn't have the first shelf on yet when 2 friends dropped by to see the studio, saw my plight, and jumped right in with me directing. No, I didn't go sit down, we all worked on the shelf and the first one took almost an hour to put together. Seems these two gas are sticklers for something called 'level' for the shelves! My own goal is always 'almost level'. The second hour of work saw us complete the other four shelves, likkedy split.
And now I have 5 huge shelves ready to fill, on big honking casters so I can move things around at will, looking quite nice if I do say so. And I get to take my friends out for dinner to thank them from the bottom of my heart. I am a lucky woman.


(And I found some plastic moving thingies that I managed to jam under the refrigerator so I could easily move that into place. Plugged it in and my water was nice and cool just a little while later.) I'm telling you this in case you want to send me a cheesecake or anything. S

No comments :