Friday, October 30, 2009

A Door Slams on my Fingers, A Window Opens to Sun

Ya know, the other day I got a rejection letter from the new Lark quilt book coming out, '500 Quilts' and I was pretty bummed- the SAQA list was all abuzz with everyone crowing about their acceptances. Their books are always so good and I guess I had sort of (ahem) assumed I was going to be in. They rejected all three pieces I had submitted. So I turned on the gas oven but couldn't find a chair the right height to sit on to get the benefits- I don't even know if this would work with my propane tank- probably just make me throw up.

(Meanwhile I am thrilled for all of you that did get in! It's so nice having friends that I am as happy for as I would be for myself!)

But today I got ACCEPTED into Art Quilt Elements (formerly Art Quilts at the Sedgwick) and I have turned off the gas and think I can go on a bit longer. The link is a list of who is in it, and I truly don't belong but I am not going to be the one to tell them! Guess they didn't realize that it wasn't painted and printed and surface designed.

1 comment :

Deb Lacativa said...

Congrats on the AQE acceptance. I got the three red Xs on that one and I'm mildly irked. I should be used to this by now but no.

As for the 500 quilts, my thought was I wonder if they actually get 500 that they can use? Being lost in a mob did not appeal to me.