Tuesday, March 02, 2010





Starting with the old Horror-scope again because this one is kinda 'special':
The veil between this world and other worlds has stretched as thin as it can get. And although your magical mystery tour may not be over just yet, you have the distinct feeling that one phase is ending and another is about to begin. Even if you are eager to get on with what's next, don't hurry the process. It may not seem like it, but everything is happening on time.



My veil is thin???  Sometimes being a Leo is such a burden.

Watched a great movie last night, "Everything is Illuminated", and had another magical realism experience (see above horoscope, published after I watched the movie!).  What a wonderful moving story, so stick it in your Netflix queue soon.

Then today Laurie came over to the studio and brought with her some of her work.  Well now, I had NO IDEA!  Her work is polished and subtle and wonderful.  I expected a surface designer to bring in free yardage with threads hanging off the edges and no plan, but instead I was faced with a bunch of beautifully rendered actual finished and ready to hang pieces, all of which I loved.  Now I have to tell you all that I originally got in touch with Laurie this fall when I was forwarded a message from her asking if there were any SAQA members in Jupiter, and that would be *me*.  I invited her over to the studio and we hit it off so have tried to get a new friendship going paced around home renovations and hip replacements.  Life is complicated, but we persevere when we see like-minded people where there is a connection.  Now, the icing on the cake is that I really REALLY like her work too.

And she says I can use her thermofax someday.  What more can I ask for?  Oh yeah, cheesecake.  That would do it.


No comments :