Saturday, May 01, 2010

Wotta Chuckle

You have excess energy that has nowhere to go today. If you don't find a way to express it in a positive manner, it could sneak up on you and prompt you to lose your temper. However, participating in competitive sports, going on a long hike or exercising at the gym will help to take the edge off your day.
Now that you've spit your coffee all over your monitor, I will confess that I actually did just return form a long walk, and this happened before I read the Horror-Scope.  Wonders never cease, and now i am 'protected' for the rest of the day from all that (spit again!) excess energy.  I stayed in bed until 8:30 this morning using some of that energy pushing the page-turn button on the Kindle!  I am about on chapter 10 of 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' and they just now go to the point!  I was getting a bit bored with Salander's breast implants, world travel, shopping trips to the convenience store and Ikea and her shower and sleep habits, and hopefully now something more meaty will happen.  These are a form of romance novel gone awry, certainly no hefty thinking required.

Last night I volunteered to make a batch of spring rolls to take to our Dutch friend's for dinner, so went on my usual internet hunt.  She loves to make Indonesian dishes so I thought I'd jump on board that train.  I didn't want fried rolls, so I guess I ended up with 'summer' rolls.  I julienned tiny red peppers, carrots, a couple of scallions and threw them in with a few handfuls of bean sprouts and finely cut bok choy seasoned with lime and garlic.  And I cooked up a batch of rock shrimp and had thai basil leaves and several varieties of mint.  It was then rolled up in rice paper and cut on the diagonal.  I made two dipping sauces, one of peanuts and one with sambal for some heat.  The thing is I had enough for all 8 people last night as well as two trays left here so you know what I am eating for lunch today.  And tomorrow.  And probably well into the week.  So, it you happen to be Indonesian, please do not chastise me for not being authentic-  I generally take an average of all the recipes I can find and make it up as I go.

And now, a confession.  This is actually the real 900th post.  I jumped the gun on the last post and have been hiding in embarrassment since I pushed the 'publish now' button. But, since it seems I have to start boxing to rid myself of all this hostile aggression, I am not gonna make a big deal of it.  And neither are you.  Sorry.  I screwed up.  So sue me.  And let's see how long the next 100 take me-  I am thinking by the end of the year.  And enough procrastinating, it's off to the studio to see how many needles I can break working with metallic threads on the Swamp.  I see the tunnel ahead with a tiny speck of light barely visible.  Time is getting short to wrap it up to send back to MA in 2 weeks and after the stitching part I still have lots to do---not including drying time...  oy, don't ask.

2 comments :

Terry Grant said...

I think the last time I announced a significant blog post number I looked at my list of posts a couple days later and discovered about 5 blank ones (how does that happen?--Oh I probably know) so once I deleted them I was noticeably short. I didn't mention it. I am closing in on 1000 posts. But I post some stupid stuff. I should only count posts with actual content.

Rayna said...

I just finished that book and now I don't need to read the other two. I need to care about the characters.