Sunday, May 02, 2010

Feline Sighing, Panicky Changed*

*Yahoo-  I found my hidden list of blog headers I was saving from spam.  I don't think spam uses these hidden words any more, at least there is a way to hide it from me if they are, but I have enough now for several thousand more posts.  Today I cleaned out my computer and consolidated all the old forms and info I have been saving for-friggin-evah.  Yes, I dumped the 1997 resume, I dumped the class handouts from 1995, I dumped the layout templates for the business cards I made myself-  from two addresses ago.  I tossed the directions on how to get an image resized and laugh that it seemed so complicated way back then.  I consolidated about three different resumes and edited out old publications-  who gives a flying fig if I was a feature in the Armenian Spectator in 1987?  Anyway, I am feeling lighter and cleaner, just like I cleaned out a closet.  Or had a colonoscopy.

So, we went out to breakfast today and tried a new place because the first four places we drove up to had lines out the doors.  TY was in a honking hurry to get going so I grabbed my sunglasses and ran to the car.  Afterward, he dropped me off at the studio and took off with the car and will come fetch me when he gets hungry  I call for a ride home.  Yes, the Christian rockers are here, and yes the arguing couple are here on the other side (this time with their small kids) who squeal, but neither have raised their decibels to high yet so I am OK in the ear department.  Not so, the eye department.  Unfortunately I arrived with only my sunglasses, the ones with the long distance correction so I can look out and see the damn feathers on the buzzards circling above, but unfortunately anything more than having my nose pressed to the computer screen is a giant blur.
this would be me, except I don't have my glasses today!

Sewing is out.  So I recovered my ironing board until I ran out of staples.  I cleaned up the remnants of fabric left around from the last three projects.  I ate cheese of undetermined origins languishing in my teensy refrigerator.  I charged camera batteries.  I watched a few Hulu episodes.

Oh, the other thing I did was visit Zappos to pick out my shoes for the coming season.  Can't decide, maybe you can help me?

I see these as my angel shoes, CLOUD-hoppers!  Would love to have these on in my casket, but they are a bit too pricely to keep around for that eventuality.












And these are my George of the Jungle numbers, for swinging on vines because I certainly couldn't walk in them through the underbrush:










These shoes are really sneakers, for my athletic endeavors on the courts-  wonder if these are better on grass or clay:











And these, my pretties, are for wearing with my Lilly Pulitzer costumes.  Forget the damn pink flats with a bow-
Now you all know why I wear glasses.

1 comment :

Rayna said...

Sandy, those George of the Jungle numbers are so YOU. How can you resist?

Have you ever thought of leaving a pair of reading glasses in the studio?