Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Worm Kiewit Jock

Not much to report after my 7 straight hours in the studio sitting in one chair sewing stuff onto stuff.  This part is boring, and I always save the more complicated pieces for last, because by the time I reach that point maybe it will be time to leave!  I did get Hulu working so zoomed through a whole season of something about a new baby-  didn't have to look, just listened.  Don't think I'll find out what I was watching, it wasn't that good.

After my hard day of work (OK, so it wasn't heavy lifting, I admit.) I was rewarded with a good dinner at the local Italian place where that night they had a fegato feature (if you look it up it's liver with onions and bacon, my favorite comfort food) preceded by a Caesar salad that they presented sans anchovies so I pitched a fit and they brought me a whole can of the little morsels laid out on a plate.  I got everybody in the restaurant who ordered that salad's ration of anchovies I think.  But I think I was lacking in certain nutrients because I felt way better after dinner.

Until 3 AM when I woke up with a raging sore throat, thanks to TY who has been snorting and snuffling all over the house for days now.  Like he says, 'Ya lie down with dogs yer gonna git fleas.'  Hardly.  The dog sleeps on the bed every night and I don't have fleas, but I DO have a lousy cold, the rat!

Today I summoned all my energies and got clothes on and rode the wagon all the way to the LQS which is maybe three blocks as the city gal walks.  I bought 2 packages of machine needles and wore myself out carrying them.  barely made it home, I need a rest now, maybe a nap.  This sucks.

1 comment :

Julia Kelly said...

I am in the same boat as you!Having cough attacks in the night and trying to sleep sitting up, waking up really early cause I can't lay down anymore and watching TV stitching away on my bed with the dogs! Except I am the one who is passing the cold to everyone else! Hope you feel better- I ran out of honey and have to send my daughter into town to get some more for my hot tea- hope you have enough energy to keep sewing away and show us your progress!!