Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Compulsion Frankfurter Compulsive



Actually got a few things accomplished in the studio yesterday!  I gathered up the nerve to slice up the old Colorado quilt and did the deed.  I also had to cut off one of the border panels and will re-sew it on the raw edge today so my background is ready to go and the perfect size give or take a few 'squinches'!  And of course I went off and forgot the old top that I washed the other day-  when I got it to the studio I realized that the whole thing had turned pale blue in not a nice way from the dye running.  I'm going to throw it back in the wash with my color-catcher and see if it can be salvaged as a cutter.  But now that I have my background I am reassessing how to do this whole piece.  As usual.  Hey, a plan is meant to be modified, isn't it?  After all, I am a mere mortal-  so this says:

HORRORS:  Your moods seem to be changing quickly now and it's difficult to know how you're going to feel next. One minute you seem to have superpowers and then just a few moments later you're back to being a mere mortal. Even if you can leap tall thoughts in a single bound, you still need to follow through with sensible action. There's nothing wrong with having your head in the clouds as long as you can keep your feet on the ground at the same time.

Also I blew up my teensy source photo to actual size-  had to do it twice and use 70 pieces of paper (!) because I neglected to reset the paper size for the first print and didn't monitor what was spitting out.  Damn, Now I have lots of scrap paper which printed in pale purple for some reason.  Ick.  Guess my 2013 Sketchbook Project will necessarily be purple.  So today I tape it all together and re-draw it and then worry about fabric selections for the different parts.  And then I sew on the borders.  And then I wash the blue and white top again. my day is unfolding before me, and it ain't very exciting but 
at the very least...    I'M DOING SOMETHING!   And anxious to get back at it!

There is no such thing as 'on the way out' as long as you are doing something interesting.Louis Armstrong
***
Do not be discouraged at the length of this first video.  Instead, put your hot tea next to you and wait halfway through the video before you drink it.  Also, you can kind of fast forward if you need to but it's so meditative, why would you ant to do that?  This is amazing precise lathe work on, of all things, a jawbreaker-  one that's too damn big to actually put in one's mouth!  Now, dammit, I want a lathe...
Remember the poster from above:  There is more to life than increasing its speed!


This video, thankfully, is much shorter, and I think I liked it because this little guy named Disco  looks exactly like my parakeet from the 50's.  (The one my grandfather may or may not have done away with on my mother's behest.  I never forgave him.)  And this little guy is why-  listen to him go at it-


 nice boidy...

Don't let the scary picture get ya-  this is funny and appropriate for all the worker-bees out there who get discouraged.  Sometimes a little change-up is necessary-  A HUMAN SUIT!




No comments :