Monday, July 30, 2012

happen let spoken



It's good to have a title that's not just one word. If you're gonna title it, you might as well try and say something. Damien Hirst 
How can I ignore/avoid the Olympics going on now from dawn to...ummm dawn...  I only long for the long lamented missing event here:  We must bring it back...

If you know me, you know my interests don't lie in gardening.  Remember the monstrous 20' Agave last year?  Well we finally replaced the agave with a different model, but it gets such good care I am sure it will send up another blossom shoot soon-  they told us every 10-15 years but this was a damn huge agave when we wrestled it into it pot and arranged it special feeding tube.  It's getting the best spot, the best care, and of course sure to blossom.  But when I was out there digging out the old pot to make room for the new plant, I noticed that my pot of orchids I had stuck under a bush and out of sight from my house vantage, had gone back into bloom.  The white orchids in the second pot are going strong, second bloom of the season, but the amazing one is this:
 There are six on the stalk and I tied it to a branch so it won't fall over in our daily rains.  Up close-
Aren't these the most spectacular thing going?  And they thrive on my neglect-  my perfect plant.  I buy three or four a season and they bloom for months at a cost less than a bunch of house flowers.  I can't stop looking at them.


So, I've got an iPad too. I've been pushing the Chocolate Cheesecake button all morning and nothing happens. The next step is to have the orangutans hold the iPad for me and then produce the things I want.

Getting Even



 London, at the Chelsea Flower Show-  a Mini covered with blossoms!  I'll leave mine naked (when and IF I ever get my hands on one!)

No comments :