Friday, October 19, 2012

agriculture consider sceptic


“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.” 
-STEVE JOBS

Spent the day in the studio printing (yeaaaaa) some cool images on transfer paper for a little book I've wanted to make for a long time.  For the first time since I got the new printer I felt like I was running it, not the other way around.  Got a good start on it, also got the innards cut and ready for the clamshell box next week for class.  I have to pick out the papers for it and get it all ready to go.  I also finished a small notebook type gift for a friend-  she gave me a beautiful embroidered tea cozy and we laughed that we both had several.  Her workmanship on this thing was so nice I couldn't just tuck it into a drawer to forget so I cut the covers out of the  cozy and used the front on the first cover and then used the inside on the back so I could see how beautifully even her backs are done.  She is an expert needlewoman and I'm glad to give eit right back to her.  I'll take pictures when I get a couple backed up to do at once.
YEAAA, Another good HORROR!  Although you would like to be more productive today, it's challenging to turn your creative ideas into finished products. Rather than just jumping into a new project, learn a useful skill to apply later on. Find an experienced teacher to show you what you need to know, but don't take any shortcuts. Your self-expression can benefit now from your patience and commitment.
Guess the book class was a good investment.

Belle Helmets, handpainted and fabulous.  I may even wear a helmet again if they come in XXL.

 These however I will not be wearing-  The Nike Women’s Exclusive Print tight are athletic pants (tights) designed with images of X-ray bones to “show what women are made of” by giving a “glimpse of [their] inner toughness.” They are digitally printed and are available to purchase in black and grey, green and purple or all-nude.
 The Clumsy Cook Turkey Mask by Archie McPhee (are you surprised?)

Happiness Machine-   Designed by UK based digital artist, Brendan Dawes, The Happiness Machine is an Internet connected printer that prints random happy thoughts by random people from across the web; press the big black button and the Happiness Machine prints a thought from someone who mentioned the word happy.

Speaking of machines, The Machine that makes anything:





                              
                                                          burned paper and gold leaf, 25 4" squares

Gorgeous paper work cut from NYTs by Donna Ruff



Amazing dog Halloween costume.  Love this.  Wish my dogs would wear more than a tee shirt.  Nothing like a couple of props to really punch it up. Then of course, where in hell would I take them to show off?

Speaking of...  here's a little guy in his toy soldier costume-  I doubled over laughing at this-  have never seen any attempts at BEING a green plastic toy and this is perfect!  I only hope he can walk.
Loved these sourdough loaves, but $20 each is quite a leap, isn't it? 
Presidential Sour Rounds which feature the images of both 2012 U.S. presidential candidates, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. The sign underneath the bread loaves reads, “May the Best Loaf Win.”
 I was quite excited to get my mail-order bread yesterday from When Pigs Fly Bakery back up in Boston.  Love their bread and now I have a years supply jammed into my freezer.

And in celebratory mode, or perhaps because I am over-carbed:
Americans being Russians on Italian tv in the 70's    Dance on, have a great weekend, and I'll see you Monday-  or maybe I mean you'll see ME.  I hope.    

                                        

No comments :