Sunday, November 04, 2012

idle album middleton

The day we turn the clocks back and I've lost more time!

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know. Groucho Marx 

New healed up turtle released yesterday on Juno Beach.  
I hope there's one is ready to go when the kids are here.

Yesterday in the studio I tried Robert Genn's system that he recently described in his newsletter of setting a timer for 25 minutes for each project.  I have to admit I was cynical (OK, so I am always cynical!) that it would have any effect but was quite shocked to see how much I got done in those increments.  I had to fight to leave some tasks, but others I was fine moving from. Knowing that the timer would go off soon kept me focussed.  I moved from working on a clamshell book to assembling a jacket to sorting my specialty papers and moving them to an upper rack where I can access them more easily.  And of course the internets-  that was my big time-soak on a normal day and really, what needs doing that takes more then 25 minutes at a time?  I basically cycled through these different tasks twice, took time for making coffee and then to eat a bit at lunch time and visit the dumpster with trash, then went back to things without the timer to clean up, finish up, and do that ponder thing- which some people might equate to
a coma with open eyes.  
I'm going to do this whenever I have a big stretch of time in the studio,
it really made a huge difference.




Motoi Yamamoto takes one of the earth’s oldest, most sought-after mineral elements and creates elaborate and painstakingly detailed installations. His material of choice is regular table salt, but you might miss that when gazing down upon one of his saltscapes. In some ways reminiscent of Tibetan salt mandalas, Yamamoto’s works are expansive and often stretch to cover entire gallery floors with their elaborate patterns.

From salt to chalk...
At this year's annual Sarasota Chalk Festival in Florida, renowned inventor of 3D chalk art Kurt Wenner is working on a massive street piece with his team. This year's theme for the festival commemorates the city's historical founding point of the Ringling Bros. Circus. Following the festival's "Circus City, USA" theme, Wenner's large-scale chalk installation features a three-dimensional depiction of classically adorned circus performers marching down the pavement, as if it were their very own parade.


Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
    

79 years together.  I'm SOOOOOO tired, and yet only halfway there(almost exactly!).  Thank goodness I got married a bit later in life and won't make this marker.  Matter of fact we are headed to 40 next spring and TY doesn't even have a tractor.  
 
Two hurtful headlines yesterday:  


I'm sure everybody knows someone that has been affected 
by Satan's Handmaiden Sandy.


(they want to destroy me in a shocking way???)

1 comment :

Mary Beth said...

I so enjoyed the video of Motoi Yamamoto - amazing work but blow-me-away place he was standing in. I want to be there.