Tuesday, January 29, 2013

cromwell endothermic attend




Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious, and adding the meaningful.  John Maeda


Film coming out later this year investigating Happiness.  Another Kickstarter project and I can't wait!
The saddle shoe that has really jumped the wedge shark.  Note lucite platform because the image is ridiculously small.





 Aquariums by Zhou HongBin
Photography is not only a catch of images but also a recording of feelings. Unlike documentary photography, conceptual photography emphasizes more on one’s mind and belief. Pet bunnies represent the artist in different periods of her life. These amazing photographs captured me at the recent Art Palm Beach show on Saturday.  I spent Saturday night flipping and flopping around trying to get it out of my mind but couldn't.  I was so busy with the Open Studio on Sunday that I didn't have time to dwell but as soon as I was done with that my mind went right back to swimming rabbits.  Rabbits are my 'familiar'.  Right now I am sitting here waiting for the art delivery van to bring one of these to me.  I am beyond excited, and yes I have to sell a few more quilts to cover it, so I am just thinking that this time I passed-it-on a bit ahead of myself.  Which one do you think is MINE ALL MINE?  Oh, by the way it's seven and a half feet long, I damn well better love it forever!  I'll ake pictures of it when I get it on the wall which should be a feat in itself.


American artist Evie Woltil Richner. Feathery, delicate drawings lovingly applied to old, family photos – memorializing those who are no longer with us. I would try to explain further, but Evie’s words are so much more powerful:
“…Each of these pieces is a burial, but also a memorial. Working from photographs of deceased relatives, I am physically burying them in a shroud of drawn feathers. Through burial, we acknowledge loss. The person is removed from our lives.



Wow. Stunning, detailed, beautifully-executed beadwork over portraits, photographed by Alfred Cheney Johnston, of actresses from the 20′s and 30′s. Latvian bead-artist Binka Rigava was recently commissioned to create these pieces for the newly remodeled restaurant & bar at at Hotel Monteleone, in New Orleans’ historic French quarter.



Tiny graphite drawings of places, that Krista Charles finds on Google Street View, to match {no pun intended} the address on the matchbook. She even includes itty-bitty notes under the drawing, to document what is in that location now…

who knows, this may be our future.

1 comment :

Terry Grant said...

If I were choosing a bunny print I would want the black and white ones, so that is my guess for which one you chose.