Tuesday, January 01, 2013

fossil dunk balcony


(This is what I wear when I'm cracking oysters.)

Don't you hate when your hand falls asleep and you know it will be up all night. 

And to go along with my oyster cutting outfit above, here is a good companion piece, a Tea Diver!  You put your loose tea in the little helmet and submerge it, pull it out by it's little oxygen tank.  Yup, this is really available, think I saw it on Fab.

So far, so good on the resolutions.  I haven't watched Honey Boo Boo yet and it's almost 9:30.  I know I'm going to have a lot harder time avoiding the Kardashian family as I am sent forty pictures a day of one or the other of them 'stunning' me with their pulchritude, and now with an impending birth of yet another one of them, the press is all over it.  I*dont*get*it.  How can anybody live with a camera crew in their face day in and day out.  How can anybody think a spray tan is attractive?  How can any woman put up with her boyfriend picking out her wardrobe?  And how many bikinis can any woman wear?  Oh, don't answer, I'm just ruminating.  And learning to flip through emails to avoid what I am not interested in seeing.  One thing I gotta say:  Throw Mama From the Train!  OK, enough Kardashian Krapola.  I promise it won't go beyond today.

One good thing about my cocktail party marathon yesterday was that I got the name of a good critter-catcher.  They guarantee that they take the traps out to the center of the state and open the doors.  Away they run.  One of my neighbors had an opossum family taking over his yard and the critter catcher caught the whole bunch of them-  the only animal that doesn't have cute babies- and they are now running free and playing 'possum somewhere near Belle Glade. So when my raccoon gets freed, he will have 'possums from his old 'hood to hang with.  He's watching me still.... geesh.
Did I ever tell you that Pepper has a black mask on just like this guy?  

Today is the day I have to figure out how I want to do the Open Studio, pick a date, and get the ball rolling.  I've accumulated so many different pieces of equipment and piles of new art materials since I finally had room, until now when I look around and can't find a clear space to glue two little things together!  I don't have anywhere to stash the ugly part of it all anymore.  My big piece in AZ at the Chandler Center for the Arts won't be through there until the 19th, and then who knows how long packing and shipping will take, so I have to fill the hole I had reserved for that.  Also have to make some modifications to the Leadville Twins piece.  Doesn't look like I'll get another twins piece done in time either, but perhaps I can finish up two of the books I'm working on so I have some new pieces from the last OS.  Whatever, I have to get crackin' and settle on a date so I can start browbeating folks into coming!  

Have a wonderful New Year's Day, clean up all the remaining stuff from holiday decorating, do a refrigerator cleanse, and lets all start over with everything.  

No comments :