Sunday, January 13, 2013

guam dispersal forlorn


distraction, my biggest frienemy...

If you could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint.    Edward Hopper
 **************************************************************************

You may grow frustrated by thinking about how much fun you could have if you ditched your current obligations, jumped bail and declared yourself free. However, nearly anything you do today has immediate repercussions. Remember that it's easier to contemplate the consequences of your actions before having to deal with a crisis of your own creation.
space gun control

Somebody seems to be watching me over in the Horror Dept. I had such a day...  Such a day!  I spent THREE hours fighting my printer trying to get a simple layout to print.  I kept at it and kept getting prints cut off on the edges, tried everything and finally gave up and used the other printer that I reserve for fabric printing because the cartridges are so bloody expensive.  It worked immediately, looks great, and I have 30 invitations ready to mail for the Open Studios.  I hope 1/3 of them come.  It's only by invitation because I want to show people what in hell I do all day every day rather than play golf or mah jong.  So there is method to my madness.

Last night I went to boil some eggs for the dogs and somehow the gas stopped, my tank must be empty from heating the pool for the kids.  Anyway I called the gas company at 5:05 when I discovered it and the message says they will be there during normal business hours-  that's three day without a stove.  No pancakes!  No stir fry!

Just toast.






Compare and contrast to the Anne Hamilton swings from just closed NY Armory show here:

So, what's with the swings lately?


What would a Van Gogh painting look like as a life-like image? What would Van Gogh himself look like -- not as a series of impressionistic swirls, but as a common photograph? Lithuanian architect and photographer Tadao Cern wanted to find out -- so he digitally recreated one of the artist's most iconic self-portraits as a modern portrait. The result is haunting.  Tadeo Cern I have shown you before-  he is the guy who did  a series of portraits using Scotch tape, here:


And his other memorable series is of people's faces in a wind tunnel, here:

I need to chill so I am gonna watch these reverse fireworks from Melbourne again.  Guess that fireworks work backwards down there, like water goes in a different direction down the drain and people walk upside down like their shoes are magnetized.  Interesting place all together, eh?


I feel better already.

                                                                     Sandy

No comments :