Thursday, January 17, 2013

statuses captivity allophones





An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.  James Whistler


A copy of the invitation:  

                  
                
 SANDY DONABED'S 
GANYMEDE STUDIO

OPEN STUDIO AFTERNOON

SUNDAY JANUARY 27TH 2013
3-6PM
ARTIST'S (short) TALK 4:30


PLEASE STOP BY FOR A GLASS OF WINE AND 
A LOOK AT WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO: 

A PARTY IN AN INDUSTRIAL STORAGE UNIT
(BET YOU DON'T DO THAT VERY OFTEN!)



Things are unbelievably getting done bit by bit.  This sky series I've been ignoring is encaustics, and I have finally finished up the top row.  The bottom row still needs some work so I think I'll have time to polish it off in the next few days.  The good thing about this is that it can go as a series or separately.  Each is 12" square.

So I turned my attention to getting a good blow-up of another set of twins-  here I am taping the edges together- I'm down to their calves, just glue-sticking the edges so I can make some templates next.  I hope to bring their shadows more into it so there are four of 'em.  The blow-up is 35" wide X about 56" high- that's not necessarily related to how big the finished quilt/collage will be.  
yesterday
today


Next I am finishing up the circles book, all the glueing is done and the ties are attached-  I just have to do the title page and make sure it's completely dry before I weight it down for a few days to flatten.


I've moved some of the wire shelves away from the walls so I have more display space and the mess is more contained.  I'll pull down the paper shades on the shelf units so it's not so visually messy-  believe me, it helps!

And I have some sewing to do, won't take long if I just get at it, then this quilt will be finally FINALLY done.
And today I am back in the studio figuring out how in hell I will fit more than 6 people in here...

Before I close this up for the day and get back to work, I did manage to finish and block this shawl out of scrap yarn.  I started out working from a pattern but quickly gave that up when the directions became too convoluted.  So, there are mistakes that I will know if I do another one (as if...)


And a little silliness: 


And I can't help myself-  
the cutest onesie ever for the squirrel enthralled.
And so, back to work.  


No comments :