Thursday, February 28, 2013

bimini dragon pick


I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.  
Dr. Seuss



                   
March 25–31, 2013
Grand Central Terminal
Vanderbilt Hall
Daily Crossings / 11:00 AM
and 2:00 PM
Free



What can I say?  If you are EVER near a Nick Cave exhibit or performance, do not hesitate, GO!  And call me too!

Note from Sandy:  It's been a busy week, lots of things going on around here that shouldn't affect me but DO affect me.  Just since Tuesday two friends have lost a parent, plus one of our neighbors wasn't feeling well this morning, went to the hospital and died in two hours.  He had a history of heart problems but still...  I lost today scurrying around to get my passport renewed and couldn't believe how much that took.  And how much money to expedite it.  It seems that even though we are planning a trip in April and my passport doesn't come up for renewal until the end of August, they want 6 months or there is a 'possibility' they won't let me back into the country.   We also have been busy picking the trip we both want to take so there has been lots of back-and-forthing with emailed itineraries.  Details to follow, because I'm sure things will change fifteen times, but we have our flights and boat reserved.  

Huh?  So, the only work I did was messing about while I printed government forms.  Then went racing around looking for a stapler, getting my photo taken, and writing on padded envelopes and then spending NINETEEN DOLLARS to mail the friggin' thing.  Highway Robbery.  But what I'm working on is a re-do of the 1912 Grimms Fairy Tale, 'Snowdrop'.  It became Snow White at some point, and all the dwarfs acquired names.  I have been needing to do this since I took a bunch of fire hydrant pictures, portraits, actually.  It was fine, I took the seven dwarfs/fire hydrants in their bright yellow jackets and even had a shadow of myself in one standing in for the heroine (natch!).  UNTIL they came around and repainted all the hydrants to this:
SO!  I now have a SnowWhite/Snowdrop/hydrant for my story.  Ain't she pretty? Here's the box-

AND I found my Dremel after tearing the place apart.  I had also found all it's accessories and little drill bits and sanding tools so I put them all together ion ONE place.
 I found it when I opened the box where I keep all the jewelry materials because I needed to put some new jump rings on this-
-because Pepper got a new dog license and rabies tag.  Now I'm registered too.


Adult Merit Badges from Disorderly Goods

And finally a cartoon from Calvin and Hobbes that a reader sent me.  It was good for a giggle!  Thanks Mandi!



No comments :