Tuesday, March 05, 2013

gannett bittern mahayanist


Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you
should have remained a virgin..' Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

Yup, an actual reference to sewing!  I only had a few short hours in the studio yesterday-  seems like I can't manage my other life parts too well lately because my time there is always limited.  Today I have a meeting and lunch before I can slide on over.  Maybe because I'm doing something  tedious and I'm bored with this part... I'm ripping 400# watercolor paper into 3/4" strips and my hands have pretty much given out with miles to go.  Sometimes I think the devil gets me these projects.  BUT as I am ripping strips, I am also putting them together and I am liking the possibilities.  So far.  I'm SURE that issues will come up, probably today when I run out of the strips and need 'just one more'.  I didn't have time to get the machine set up for the shirts, maybe later in the week if I can keep up the interest.  

You are witnessing the END of my bacon fetish.  Doesn't this fall under 'jumping the shark' ?  I'll still eat it happily, but that's what it's for, not making suits for assholes.  Or 'mats' to present the actual food on top of.  Or wooly winter scarves.

My OTHER mind-stealing time-chewing and idiot-inducing project is getting this trip off the ground.  We have our tickets, have our reservations, and now the tough part comes with figuring out what to do and fitting it all in.  Not having any experience in Amsterdam I am starting from scratch here-  of course I can find out about museums and attractions, but what I need are things to see that I don't have any clue about yet---so it's hard to search for something you can't define in a language that makes no sense!

 Unfortunately this is NOT the way we will be traveling.  Seems that we got our tickets paid for in full by accumulated miles, but getting an upgrade from a paid ticket was impossible without spending more than a business class flight costs anyway.  Huh?  And I would do that because...?  We also made a tactical error by arriving on the Queen's Birthday which is apparently like arriving here on the Fourth of July, shops closed, restaurants full, parks full, streets teeming-  and us leaving the airport before dawn with no place to go until we can board the boat in the late afternoon.  Maybe there WILL be a place to leave the baggage.  ha. Guess we'll figure it out as we go.  Stuff like this makes my stomach upset, stuff like this is ignored by TY.  But both of us have put up with my anxieties for decades now and basically what I see as catastrophes always turn out fine even if *I* didn't plan it.  





This morning this very neat beaver architectural project appeared on my screen!


And with that I am off to scour the garage for useful stuff to donate today.  This is a great opportunity to clean out the crap we've been stuffing in there and make room for more and better crap I am sure to find.  Have to get this done before 10, guess I need shoes...

No comments :