Saturday, July 27, 2013

septic foolish isochronous



“For every artist that has something worthwhile to say but lacks the technical ability to communicate his idea perfectly, there are a thousand artists with all the technique in the world and nothing to say.”   - Richard Diebenkorn 

Well, we made it to Vermont, staying in an amazing house that started out as a little log cabin on a hill but was added to and renovated and added to again to become an incredible hidden jewel with vistas forever.  Kiddos arrived at dinner time, one milk spilled at dinner, kids wouldn't eat the shrimp but loved the 'wine'-  the ponzu sauce I made for the spring rolls-  a roll-it-yourself party.  And no, I didn't get a single spring roll I was so busy being a grandma.  Now every bone in my body hurts, and I gotta get up and do it again tomorrow plus two more kids show up. Good thing TY went out for some good liquor, cause I;m gonna spend tomorrow sitting (OK, so I really mean sipping) and knitting like a proper grandma.  Besides I already made dinner for tomorrow so my obligations will be over.  10:00 now and the 3 year old is still screaming- pissed he couldn't go in the hot tub five hours ago-  kept telling us he HAD to because his feets are dirty.  More of the same tomorrow I betcha.

WARNING  WARNING!   Please make sure you aren't drinking you coffee when you watch this really short video:

Rebecca Racoon in shower with Santa   Don't say I didn't warn ya. 


Today's Workspaces of the Famous and Fabulous:  David Hockney's studio from HERE



Rubberband Guy.  Artistically Reorganizing his face.
Whatevah.  Everybody has a talent of some sort.

The Most Beautiful Afghan I have EVER seen.  The woman's name is Amona, and that's all I know.  This is spectacular color and texture, and love the picture in the snow.  I want it!






How gorgeous is this-  just paint BEING paint!





Dutch artist Ron van der Ende‘s artworks at once deceiving and straightforward.  His wall mounted sculptures are much shallower than they may appear.  Not more than six inches deep the carefully painted bas relief pieces suggest a depth that extends beyond the wall.  This deception of perspective extends into the works’ content.  For example, a humble grain of salt depicted monumentally as if it were some extraterrestrial object.  However, van der Ende never forgets his material or attempts to hide the art’s point of origin.  For all of the trompe l’oeil effects and meticulous carving, the salvaged wood always seems to seep through.  In this way the material determines the piece as a whole, and anything secret isn’t hidden far off.






No Squirrels, but I gave you one helluva raccoon, eh?  Well, my Logan airport wifi is faltering and there are 18 month old twins sitting next to me trying out their screeeches.  Gonna be a flight from Hades ahead.

No comments :