Tuesday, October 15, 2013

addition texaco caret




 "At a distance the oak tree seems to be of ordinary size but if I place myself beneath its branches, 
  my impression changes completely."   Eugene Delacroix 




step away from that fireplace...
  • I went to my stitch group and people are gradually trickling back into the state so we filled a table for 8 at lunch.  Good to have them back.  I worked on sewing down the binding and finished three sides so time wasn't wasted.  The afternoon was taken up with Bortadella shots and another tussle at the vets for poor Molly as we tried to get some blood from her fluffy ears to no avail.  Of course it didn't help that Pepper was dancing around the room with his happy face, even tried to jump up on the table to be next to her!  I left there exhausted and frustrated again at not being able to check her glucose like I should.  But the vet tech had the same problems I did so I am somewhat vindicated and the bottom line is I can tell she is feeling much better, in spite of Bad Mom.  
I'm continuing to knit my hexagons and have gotten as many as three done at a time-  enough so I outgrew the small ziplock and graduated to a small box full.  At some point I have to decide on a dominant color or it will be a mish mash-  I'm leaning to orange/rust because I have so much of that.  It's easy to knock them out with all these games on lately.  RedSox every night broken up occasionally by the Patriots, I only wish I could get to just one of them.  I get kind of bored by the sixth inning but love watching the people and action.  Now that they can't bring in liquor to the stadium, the drunks are kept down so it's fun again and I don't come home smelling like a fraternity party. 

Accomplished a whole bunch today by making all the appointments I have been putting off all summer.  The next two weeks are doctors doctors doctors, nothing wrong here, just the usual round of blood letting and poking orifices until I squeal.  But once it's done, I am clear for the next year.  

  • *************************
  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau

  • Forget about good.
    Good is a known quantity. Good is what we all agree on. Growth is not necessarily good. Growth is an exploration of unlit recesses that may or may not yield to our research. As long as you stick to good you’ll never have real growth.

  • ************************


Tennessee-based artist Charles Clary knows a thing or two about patience as evidenced by his structural paper creations reminiscent of biological formations or topographical maps. In creating a new piece Clary can work for up to 12 hours a day cutting each thin layer in his delicately stacked sculptures that arise from gallery walls or descend into geometric volumes. 





Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled.





JOSH Blackwell, embroidered plastic bags-  







and so is the snake!

No comments :