Wednesday, February 19, 2014

lurk megabit alkali


(Whew, skipped a new quote because this is already one!  Lucky me.)



I'm a happy woman today.  Molly had her surgery and all seems to be OK.  I will pick her up tomorrow morning but the doc says she is looking all around.  She's on IV for awhile and will be uncomfortable tonight but fine by tomorrow.  Nice change from her accidentally walking into our closet this morning, thinking it was the hall going to the door out and getting confused and lost, with me having to go rescue her!  So sad...  I went to my stitch group because I thought the chatter there would distract me, but I didn't stay for lunch and instead went to the studio.  I am almost finished with the big stitching on the Land'escape piece and ready to make my next decisions, but frankly I don't think I can do much besides more stitching so that's the plan for now.  
rudimentary, I know.


I also got the printer newly loaded with a fortune of new inks and have started printing more of my serial killers on linen scrim (actually a Nate Berkus curtain in it's former life!) Yeah, another serial killer piece, but this one more about the victims-  and hey, maybe it will include more twins!  Once obsessed, always obsessed, eh? 
just plain rude, and I know that too, but hey, it's about serial killers again and THEY are pretty  rude!

AND I have to start a piece about Sand Hill Cranes next.  The coolest birds, but really hated around golf courses.  Gotta go do some studying up on them.  So, that's the planz, Stanz!

AND, shoot me now, I am out the door to go bowling but plan on lying that I have plantars warts so I can wear my own shoes.  Borrowed shoes skeeve me out.  Gurlz just wanna have fun.  But look-  here I was in the borrowed shoes,  err, clown feet!
Not my thing, but a good time was had by all and since our monitor got screwed up we all got passes to TWO MORE visits.  So, if you happen to be in south Florida with nothing to do, drop by for the passes! 
 I'LL PUT THEM IN A SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX.











Artist Roxy Paine has created that reality, building a McDonalds-like commercial kitchen completely out of wood… and we mean everything.
Take a look at any detail in this full-sized mockup built from the customers point of view, and it’s made of wood. From the “cardboard” boxes for burgers, to the cash registers, french fry basket and guidelines pinned to the wall, it’s all here, recreated in the most exacting detail.    



snow bunnies-  cannot find where this came from so just enjoy it for what it is and I'll keep looking


.


Created by mixed media artist Anila Quayyum Agha, this elaborately carved cube with an embedded light source projects a dazzling pattern of shadows onto the surrounding gallery walls. Titled Intersections, the installation is made from large panels of laser-cut wood meant to emulate the geometrical patters found in Islamic sacred spaces.


Yup, I want this.  Its at Land of Nod, am I too old?  
Maybe you could all take up a collection?
No?
Oh never mind.

No comments :