Wednesday, March 26, 2014

crust buckskin draftsperson



Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and the pupil 
are located in the same individual.   Arthur Koestler


oh dear, I've been forgetting to post these nuggets from the Manifesto!  
Time to catch up a bit:
  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
  • Stay up late. 
    Strange things happen when you’ve gone too far, been up too long, worked too hard, and you’re separated from the rest of the world.

    TY put the kids on a plane this morning so I've been putting things in and taking things out of the washing machine most of the day.  I did grab a few hours at the studio and worked more on the landscape piece.  I've decided to make it more 'rustic' so I've been rubbing it to fluff up the raw edges and leaving loose threads as I stitch.  It's getting a bit ruffly, don't know if this was a mistake or what...  you'll see it soon.  I've also collected a whole basket full of little bits and pieces of plastic toys, and on my way in from walking the dogs tonight I saw another stash IN the pool.  Since it's bloody cold today their retrieval will have to wait for warmer weather.  Then, tonight we went out to the Italian place early and sat at the bar and I had calves liver so I am MEGA happy!  It was still light when we got home-  weird!



    Speaking of animals:



    Corsican artist Gilles Cenazandotti is a beachcomber, sifting through the sands in search of plastic garbage washed ashore. He is using his under appreciated treasure to build a life-sized bestiary in a fascinating commentary on overconsumption and its effects on the animal world.





    Deborah Butterfield horse sculpture. 



    Rounding out our animal day-of course- it's SQUIRREL time:
    A couple of McCoy beauties: 


    I'll take the whole set!

No comments :