Sunday, April 13, 2014

carryover adkins menopause

blue denim cattle
(I can't find a thing about these cattle-  somebody put a lot of time into this without proper credit-  all I can find is they were published in an Onion article about Levis being cruel to denim cows.  Seems like a lot of work for one little picture.)





The discipline of creation is a mixture of surrender and initiative.  Shaun McNiff



I got a few things done today, even though it didn't start out that way.  I finished the linen vest completely-  it blocked overnight and today I put the finishing rounds on the armholes.  THEN I put it on and UNBELIEVABLY, it fits and I actually like it!  Of course all I see are the mistakes and  things I wish were done differently, but frankly this linen yarn was difficult for me of the fat-fingers knitting school.  The strand itself is a very fine thread that is crocheted into a strand so every stitch I break through the strand and cause a thread to poke out.  Spent a lot of time pulling these back through.  Trouble is that with linen every stitch show up loud and clear.  But on the other hand I am making stuff I can wear in Florida.  Yeaaa.


Which brings me to the Horrors for today:  You know what everyone wants and are wise to trust your intuition today. But overconfidence might present problems, so show some humility along the way. Your persuasive charm and unflappable determination combines to make a stronger statement than you realize. Paradoxically, your intensity can have the opposite effect from what you want now, leaving you confused because you can't convince anyone to join you. Don't try so hard; letting go of your expectations gives others the space they need in order to say yes. 
Looks like I'm coming on a bit strong, must be the hideous Boston thang with the Marathon tomorrow and all...  
But back to the story~ After that I finished winding a bunch of embroidery skeins onto rods for the notebook, a job I tackle every now and then when I get the neatness bug bite.  I've been carrying his around for several months so it feels great to get another sleeve fully finished.  Much more to do, but every bit helps.  

I do have to announce that I finally finished up the serial killers quilt-  think I'm calling it 'The Lost'  (see above).
Hey, I got it straight but unfortunately not in focus!  It's about 32" square to put it in  some sort of context.  Just have to sew on a sleeve, but I'll way to do that for when I need to hang it somewhere.  Not appropriate for many places...

The detail is focussed, glad you can see the quilting.  And yeah, I accept  comments.





House News:  of course there would be a FLY
in the ointment.  You knew that, right?  Why didn't you tell me?  Seems that the 'ideal plan' that the architect gave us cannot be done because the land has a big pie shaped slice out of the front corner that intersects the corner of the garage.  This wasn't on our plan we had, but apparently it was on a survey.  I walked over there today and sure enough, there was a triangle planted  in the gage's corner.  I have no idea who owns it or what in hell we are going to do.  The land is very peculiar and we need this triangle to proceed.  To complicate matters, out builder is going in for shoulder surgery Monday so this may drag around for weeks.  Boohoo.  I was buying furniture in my head.  Typical, Murphy's Law in action.  TBC

now I can't remove the underline.  shit.  oh.  nevermind,it disappeared.

SO, since tonight life sucks, lets talk about some arty stuff, OK?  



Brooklyn based artist Melissa Zexter combines photography and hand-stich embroidery to create layers of narrative and texture in a unexpected and colorful way. Zexter, an MFA holder in photography, redefines her practice, as she creates a new artistic concoction that provides more context in the already-narrative medium that is photography. The use of embroidery is a reaction to the photographs themselves, a way to overexagerate or emphasizes different aspects of the images.

***********************
  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
  • Work the metaphor. 
  • Every object has the capacity to stand for something other than what is apparent. Work on what it stands for.

    *********************************





Photographer and visual artist Ernest Goh is known for his work photographing wildlife and other animals. His latest book documents the strange world of chicken beauty pageants in Malaysia where he encountered a breed of bird called the Ayam Seramas, an ornate chicken raised not for its meat but purely for its appearance. These chickens not only have decorative plumage but possess the ability to strike ridiculous poses. 



This seems to have twisted itself into a Barnyard Issue,   We have cows, we have a giant rabbit, we have chickens, we have piggies, and of course the requisite baby squirrel coming up next.  Must be my Easter celebrating starting.
Eater Piggies, that's a new one.   So cute!  Why am I thinking of bacon mats?





No comments :