Friday, April 11, 2014

electret change preamble




 The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.   Ellen Parr



Here ya go, a preview of the idea of my next quilt-  I'm going to do one on the Seven Deadly Sins.  You see, if I TELL YOU, then I have to follow through-  you'll keep me honest, or at least I hope you do.  If I don't mention it now and then, rattle my cage.

TY is away for another two days, off playing golf across the state now that his shoulder is doing better.  Today I headed for the studio as soon as the coffee was gone and I worked on the landscape piece adding more stitching.  This is going to be the death of me, those 1/4" rows use up thread faster then I can thread the needles, and I'm not so sure it's looking better after all this.  But I'm that far that there's no turning back so I just keep stitching.   I can do about three rows before I stop being able to see so that's the program for now.  I also worked on the Serial Killer quilt a bit more and added some torn pieces of fabric just to enhance  the raggy look around the killer border.  I had to come home to meet the roofer at 1, so I finished up the linen knitted vest-  well, not really 'finished', but all ready to sew the shoulder seams and add a few courses of knitting around the armholes.  I got it blocked and can't finish totally until it's dry...and pick up the stitch I found I had dropped...


So in my ravels I found some envelope art which I can't stop looking at.  The artist makes the little houses out of vintage envelopes, photographs them and applies them to additional envelopes calling it a wet transfer pigment print.


Rachel Phillips: This series of photographs blends the domesticity of home with the joy of wilderness, the natural world.  The paper houses are built from letters, postcards and envelopes saved through the decades in old shoeboxes by my grandparents and discovered in their attic a few years ago.  The images are printed on old envelopes collected from around the world; artifacts from the last centuries.  What did the envelopes contain?  Where did they come from?  In whose mailbox were they delivered?  What stories do they tell?



A bit ore envelope art:
Oppsadaisy

Mark Powell

Lavona Surearts



product placement  (do't worry, they are temporary tattoos!)



Another Florida Foto, an YES, they really are THAT color.  (It depends on what kind of crustacean they've been eating-  shrimp make them more pink) 




No comments :