Sunday, April 06, 2014

curran impeccable rhombohedral *

*curran impeccable rhombohedral -  In case you're new to this life commitment I call a blog, years ago I copied off all the 'invisible' type that would come in advertising emails-  usually it was taken from some sort of literary material and the 'thes' and 'ands' were already removed leaving just nouns and verbs.  Then as I copied and pasted and filed I began to notice that it had been scrambled and scoured more, so I just take any three words that appear together as my title each post.  Mostly they make no sense because I would randomly paste new chunks when I found them.  But I don't see these anymore so the supply is indeed not endless. But for me, I will have to live to 172 to use them all. If you ever need titles, email!  OK, housekeeping for today done.

(Building Stuff, don't bother to read unless you like construction and whining:)
I spent all evening and this morning modifying the house plans and tracing in little furniture vignettes.  I've pushed a few interior walls in and out, built in shelves and cabinets galore, and am pretty much ready to get it some talks with the architect before anybody starts pouring concrete.  I've done away with a dining room and made it a tv/library.  I've halved the kitchen to add a dining room table at one end, and blown out a wall for TY's office/den.  Additionally I took a garage wall and bumped it into my laundry room to put in storage for garage-crap.  I hated to lose space in that room since it's also my office and storage center, my cookbooks and big pot storage (pots for the stove, not to smoke, silly.)  Anyway, I think I've gone over every wall with a fine tooth comb trying to solve every problem I've had in this current house.  OF COURSE there will be a whole new set once I live in the new space, but this will definitely be two steps forward, at least to start out.


So now, On With The Convoluted Brain Show!




I am a great believer in luck, 
and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

I never made it to the Farmer's Market like I planned today, the dogs wanted to walk, I wasn't dressed yet, and I got going on my architect's drawings making my changes here and there.  Also it interfered with FLAPJACK SUNDAY, which for me is sort of as important as Ash Wednesday.  I use wheat free flour and buttermilk and then throw in anything else that looks appealing-  today it was blueberries that have seen a better week.   So now all that is over and I am going to hit the studio with a canine companion to scare away the raccoons and burglars with their ferocious bark.  That would be fluffy little Molly who I will match decibels with any Mastiff.  Pepper still doesn't  bark, he sort of huffs which of course doesn't even scare squirrels.  
TY comes home tomorrow.  My turn to fly north next.

  • INCOMPLETE MANIFESTO FOR CHANGE     Bruce Mau
  • Stay up late. 
    Strange things happen when you’ve gone too far, been up too long, worked too hard, and you’re separated from the rest of the world.


    I keep forgetting I haven't finished posting these!  Hope you're not keeping track, we still have quite a few to go.  On that note I also haven't finished up the Second Rant on Creativity.  One of these days- I need a prolonged bed rest to get these things off the ground.  Or an assistant (but then I'd have to talk to them)



If there’s one thing in need of good satire, it’s the modern art museum. Thankfully writer and artist Miriam Elia was up for the task, and she’s created an absolute gem. Her book, We Go to the Gallery, mirrors the famous Ladybird Book line published as children’s books in Britain from the ‘40s to the ‘70s… but this edition might be a little more suited for adults…





 Aliza Razell has been combining the very different mediums of watercolor and photography in her beautifully surreal body of work – one which explores narratives from Greek mythology to the Finnish language. Each of her images is a self-portrait captured in nature and perfectly combined afterword with its watercolor elements in Photoshop.


ironic, no?

No comments :