Sunday, April 27, 2014

nopalea mage acorus



I put my orgasms on canvas.   Pablo Picasso


Thanks for the outpouring of support for NOT having cancer, wish I could have mined that all when I was so worried and it was the only thing on my mind!  Sometimes I wish that 'things' were not verboten to speak about, especially things in the future that you really can't do anything about-  all I really needed was a 'tut-tut' and a pat on the hand.  So, because I know what *I* felt like, I want you all to  know I am at the ready with those two things any time you need it!  Anyway, thanks so much.
I'm putting my cancer collage back in the drawer

I haven't been able to bring myself to start in again on the damned knitted hexagons but I will-  it will be a good summer project to pick up in the evenings.  Lord knows in the summertime I am not out getting in shape for the next marathon!  But I do intend to hit the gym this year now that I have an arm back.  As I remember I stopped knitting the hexagons because the shoulder was so bad I couldn't knit-  maybe I'm just associating the two together a bit too much.  The little box of 1" balls is ready to go any time now.  
(Yeah, I need many more.)

Yesterday I worked on studio clean-out for a bit and then did some clothing fixing.  I had a white linen tunic that was open way to far so I closed it up about 3" which alleviated the need for another layer under it-  last thing I want here in Florida is to have to wear layers!  Also, I had a new sequined top to wear to a wedding coming up but it's armholes were really low, certainly not attractive views from the side and I'll be damned to wear another layer under that!  So I closed those up 3" and now it's perfect (but what a pain moving a bunch of tiny sequins out of the way before every stitch!)  

So next is a bit of household clean-up and then to the studio to (I hope) to get involved something new and fun-  this is the part I love and that keeps me going:  free association of a couple of ideas, pulling out stuff that may or may not work, making the 'story' part because as you all well know by now, 
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STORY
for me.  Next comes the process which becomes less and less interesting as I move along. Finally the drudgery sneaks in as something is nearly done, the story is told, the decisions have been made... and I'm bored.

Before I go too far with my planning thoughts, here's some art for the day, perhaps the weekend if I don't get back here till Monday!  Do not fret, I have a farmer's market to get to early tomorrow morning, my bloggy time.




UK-based artist Beccy Ridsdel creates fun yet strangely macabre interventions where ceramics have been surgically altered to reveal additional layers of detail. Ridsdel  reveals further floral patterns inside bone china plates and cups with her 'surgery'. The pieces are part of an ongoing examination regarding the perception of ceramics as craft or art. 





Turkish multimedia artist and filmmaker Erdal Inci is back with more stunningly hypnotic GIFs.  he His former work was creating multiples of a single figure in endlessly repeating chains of motion. Now he’s created a series humbly called Light Pattern GIFs, and it’s equally hard to look away.  Be glad I didn't make these bigger-  you'd probably go into seizures.




Squirrel Love

or just maybe a fight to be first up the pole???


No comments :