Thursday, May 15, 2014

caretta angwantibo oxidase



A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention.
Aldous Huxley 


Wow, a major rain storm here this morning, stopped me in my tracks getting to the studio so I sat here going through magazines from 2009!  I'm getting to the bottom of the pile one can hope.  I cut out lots of stuff, but I'm sure when I go to get something like it people will give me blank stares.  Oh well, at least I'll have something visual to haul around with me so *I* know what I'm doing.  (Yeah, right!)

By noon I could get out and the sun was shining so I went back to deal with finding a couple of skeins of Koigu yarn in black to use to hold the yarn hexagons together.  I thought I had lots but went through it quickly and the little throw would now cover a pet rabbit if he wasn't a restless sleeper.  I have a long way to go, but it's a good project for travel, for waiting in doctor offices, or when I need something to keep me awake at night. I did finally find a skein and it's in the mail right now.  With summer almost here, people are just not thinking 'yarn'!

I worked on seam binding all the interior seams on this:
The vintage fabric is a mess of raveling, and in fact the piece I got was in bad shape to start with-  all the green threads got pulled into loops and the only way I could cut it out was to put the loopy part front and center.  It had a waterfall front so MAYBE all that fabric will fall over the loops and hide it. If that doesn't work, then I will call this the muslin and make other jackets from the pattern.  I have some spectacular gigantic plaid taffeta and when I was going through my drawers ran across a bunch of old ties that really sing against it.  I of course have to pick all the ties apart, which I hate, but I think they will make great facings-  or maybe stripes?  I dunno, that's a way off
The reverse side is the red of the stripe, but with black design lines- I guess the photo doesn't really pick up the way the silks sing a song together.  Wait my lovlies-  I'll show ya!  

So, what I have been doing is lots of hand stitchin' on the landscape thing:
It's wearing on me.  Wish the elves would sneak in tonight and finish it so I can move on.


Like she does so easily


Todays favorite-  I even have this pool float!
(Probably have this beer too.)




OK, is this yarn bombing or returning coals to Newcastle?  
Whatever, he looks quite pleased with himself






Steph Hanlon’s Painterly Tattoos  I've neve seen such tattoos, I can see what one would be tempted if they looked contemporary like these do.  Love the fox, but my fox days are way in the past.  Maybe a badger these days?


Or well, DUH, how about a squirrel tattoo?
Squirrel Dishcloths-  yesssss!

No comments :