Wednesday, May 14, 2014

blighia refer seahorse




(God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater comes as part of a baptismal speech the protagonist says he's planning for his neighbors' twins:) "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind." 
Kurt Vonnegut


Hmmm, I wrote a long post yesterday but it apparently it wasn't saved as a draft so I gotta start all over again.  Bummer.  I did it when I got tired of stitching yesterday, was working away on the land-escape piece and headed for the computer AGAIN to try and get on to a show entry page that wouldn't accept me.  Finally I resorted to actually calling them and they checked and sure enough I hadn't been put on their rolls after I sent my membership AND the entry fees.  But the noise guy who answered got me going and I was finally able to send them my images and info.  Today is the cutoff so I just made it under the wire, now to sit here and see if they are interested.  

I had downloaded and printed 16 images to use in the (new) house, found frames online, and was arranging and rearranging them on the design wall.  It might be that these images will just be placeholders and I will make a 16-section fiber piece for the damn frames -  I just feel so guilty when I don't use my own work here and there.  Artwork Ready, CHECK!  Anyway, the studio space is fast filling up with stuff for the new place, and they haven't even broken ground yet.  Last night I found the new bed I think I deserve (!), showed it to TY who OKed it so I ordered it online-  we'll see if it actually arrives.  The only drawback is I don't think Pepper will be able to squeeze under it like he does now. He hides, no realizing his big black plume/ tail sticks out so we can find him with no problem.  Anyway, new bed, CHECK!  

Plans for the design review board arrived yesterday, CHECK!  Moving right along, let's go check out some art:






A Royal Textile Collection Receives a Royal Textile MuseumIt was a celebratory day on April 26, 2012 when Queen Sirikit Museum of Textiles (QSMT) was opened on the grounds of the Grand Palace in Bangkok, Thailand by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

I found an interesting article about 18 things creative people do differently so I'll parse them out over a few days if you don't want to read the whole article:  #1 Daydreaming
Creative types know, despite what their third-grade teachers may have said, that daydreaming is anything but a waste of time.According to Kaufman and psychologist Rebecca L. McMillan, who co-authored a paper titled "Ode To Positive Constructive Daydreaming," mind-wandering can aid in the process of "creative incubation." And of course, many of us know from experience that our best ideas come seemingly out of the blue when our minds are elsewhere.
Although daydreaming may seem mindless, a 2012 study suggested it could actually involve a highly engaged brain state -- daydreaming can lead to sudden connections and insights because it's related to our ability to recall information in the face of distractions. Neuroscientists have also found that daydreaming involves the same brain processes associated with imagination and creativity.



Monsters in our Midst-  Artists Jill and Lorna Watt transformed the otherwise dull public benches into amazing public art by adding colour and a few monstrous body parte here and there. The installation was made for an upcoming episode of CCTV America’s ‘Full Frame’.






 In her Men I Have Known series, New York artist Juliet Martin crafts woven textile sculptures, each representing a different lover.  (I ha to make these XL so you could see the detail.)

And that brings us to the end and you know what that means-  SQUIRRELS!
See this, Squirrel ribbon trim, perfect for absolutely nothing, so look at Angry Squirrel's reaction

He don't like no stinkin' ribbon.  G'night!



1 comment :

Mary Beth Frezon said...

Squirrel ribbon = perfect hat embellishment.