Sunday, May 11, 2014

emotion countdown clitoria




Artist, gain knowledge, but know that the greatest guru of all is the guru within.   Robert Genn 


Here it is, Mother's Day-  the day I cannot go out to a restaurant because they are all over booked.  So it's a day like any other.  Just made myself a Mother's Day egg and ate one piece of each fruit that came in my assorted pack.  Now I'm going out for a Mother's Day dog walk.  I did get a few pictures from Mister-  one of them showed him at a Reggae brunch last week where he was the star.  The singer honed in on him and he loved it.  Little (very) white kid...
Reminds me of his dad trying to get us to fund a college trip to Jamaica for 'cultural enrichment'.  That one did not fly, we were not born yesterday.  He went to India instead, got some spiritual enrichment on the banks of the Ganges.
So, the last few days I have been going through stuff, mainly the giant pile of magazines I seem to hoard.  I thought I had stopped all my subscriptions but somehow they keep reappearing.  So, naturally I have to go through each one to make sure I'm not missing something.  I'm up to 2011 about now, ripping out pictures of things I need to remember or need to find in real life.  I then paste them on a piece of paper for each room with removable glue so I can replace them easily as I find better stuff to have to remember.  This is a ridiculous waste of time, I know, but necessary for me to dump the pile of stuff.  I have started moving boxes to the studio so the house will be ready to put on the market unencumbered by all my chotzkes -  I certainly didn't realize how much crap I have.  But I'll have all summer to get it over there and make the place appear bigger and cleaner.  Needless to say there isn't a big market around here in the summer so we're waiting until fall, after our new house gets started to put this on the market.  All I can do now is mess around with floor plans and think about what I need to add, subtract, divide and multiply!  Not my forte.  So, since I am sure you don't want to see the Houzz clippings I am also hoarding, I'll get to some art stuff.

Today we are going to see some pierced things:




 Artists/design team Thyra Hilden and Pio Diaz collaborated to create, Forms in Nature, a chandelier which, when alight, creates shadows in any (reasonably sized) room that appear to be intertwined tree branches or entire root system. Describing their collaborative process as combining “existing cultural icons and basic elements, which they transform and modify to tamper with the common perception”, the duo essentially reconnects modern technology to more primitive, natural elements. 






Deepti Nair and Harikrishnan Panicker (known collectively as Hari & Deepti) are an artist couple who create paper cut light boxes. Each diorama is made from layers of cut watercolor paper placed inside a shadow box and is lit from behind with flexible LED light strips. The small visual narratives depicted in each work often play off aspects of light including stars, flames, fireflies, and planets. 









 Unless you spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours with a tiny electric drill carving intricate patterns into eggshells the last few months, you may have yet to reach your Easter egg decorating potential. One person who clearly has is artist Piotr Bockenheim who uses a reductive drilling technique to transform goose eggs into slitherting tangles of string and various geometric or floral patterns. -   





 Created by Amsterdam-based director and animator Andre Maat, this quick animated short titled Woodoo relies on impressive sequences of laser-cut wood to create the illusion of a malliable substance.  

And that''s it except for the Squirrel du jour:
Cutest baby squirrel picture ever!
Happy Mother's Day

No comments :