Monday, May 12, 2014

cyprinidae planter glanders





Words have meaning and names have power.   Anon


I had to take the dog to the vet by 8 this morning so I got a running start on the studio.  So glad I did-  I tried the printer with no hope and wouldn't you know it took the heavy paper just like the first 11 pieces I put through!  Whatever it's snit was the other day, it got over it.  So I was in printing heaven until I finished my job.  Then I went hunting for cheap frames online and probably looked at three sites when an ad popped up from Taget advertising FRAMES!  I hot footed over there and they had all I need at under $10 each.  I then tackled a jacket I've been making but hit the wall on and whammo! I found a fabric tucked away for a binding and eliminated making a lining so it was off to the races on that and I finished and bound the seams of the sleeves, and then trimmed down the size of the fronts and backs.  Also I rummaged through a few things and threw them out -  it always feels good to do that.  I was still in the studio at 4 and waiting for the dog to be finished but gave up and left for home.  Well, as I reached the street I turn on I got the call that the dog was ready-  the whole day just fell into place.  VERY odd for me, and I sure could get used to it.







It’s hard not to get lost in these dramatically blurred architectural renderings and cityscapes of New York and Italy by Italian painter Valerio D’Ospina . The artist transforms the street The Pennsylvania-based artist most recently had a show last year at Mason Murer

 Now look at this since we're talking cathedrals:


With meticulous determination and a steady hand, artist Ben Sack picks up a black 0.05 Staedtler pigment liner pen and begins to draw the dense, intricate details of fictional cityscapes: buildings, roads, rivers and bridges. He draws until the ink runs out and picks up another pen. And another. And another. Sapping the ink from dozens of writing utensils until several months later a canvas is complete. His most recent piece, a vast circular drawing titled A Single Note (top), has a 12.5 foot circumference. It staggers the mind.






artist Angela Deane covers the people in found photos in white paint, turning them into ghosts interacting with other ghosts or humans.This is her attempt to explore the ‘beautiful, painful, and ultimately puzzling human condition of having memories’. By covering the personalities in the photos in paint, their identities become anonymous ghosts to the viewers. She expounds, ‘In this way, a private and specific experience becomes an open and shared one through the material addition of paint on photograph. Through this haunting of the material, the ghosts become us and we become the ghosts’.

Awwwwwww. (I couldn't find a video of a squirrel eating raspberries, but I'll keep looking.)
Oh, that wasn't hard at all!
Here we have a chipmunk hunting

 A mouse with a blackberry




                                                                                                  Successful chipmunk


Squirrel moving in

 And maybe not 'eating' yet but that's next!


1 comment :

Mary Beth Frezon said...

Bunny! Raspberry-tinted bunny!