Thursday, May 22, 2014

extemporaneous jackknife redhead



Many hands make light work. John Heywood


They work the hours that work for them.
Many great artists have said that they do their best work either very early in the morning or late at night. Vladimir Nabokov started writing immediately after he woke up at 6 or 7 a.m., and Frank Lloyd Wright made a practice of waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. and working for several hours before heading back to bed. No matter when it is, individuals with high creative output will often figure out what time it is that their minds start firing up, and structure their days accordingly.
Pathetic Mr. Pepper
Today I threw out three bags of doggie jerky that was all made in China.  Seems that many dogs have gotten sick and many died from aging it, so out it goes.  I didn't check where it was made, but I did pay close attention to HOW it was made.  Seemed fine, but there were 3 separate labels and the info on where it came from was in .02 type and located in the bottom fold.  Anyway I am thinking maybe this is what has Molly so sick lately.  Hope it isn't too late.  Guilt guilt guilt.  And I thought it would end with the kids.


Sing along:   'Lea--ving' on a jet plane-
Don't know when I'll be back again...'
But I do-  I'll be back Tuesday.  Just a little foray up north to cool off.  I spent the whole morning in the studio and only finished 6 of the 16 framed pieces.  It takes forever to line those inner edges with fabric and get it smooth, then I also decided to give the edges behind the print an inch of black fabric too-  just in case a page slips or one is off square. It's a pain but I know I'd be really unhappy down the road if I don't take care of it now. 

 Anyway that's all I got done except for two more of the past paper boxes.  I left them with my heavy duty industrial rubber bands holding them square until the glue dries.  By Tuesday I guess I'll be safe to remove the bands!  Geesh, hurry up and wait!
Crafty R Us.
And seeking of things made of paper and cardboard, lookie here!






Chris Gilmour creates stunningly beautiful, hyper-realistic sculptures out of a material often found in wastebaskets. Using common cardboard, his work re-creates subjects ranging from machines used in daily life, to small models of religious architecture, to icons of design. His last exhibition included a life-size cardboard replica of a grand piano hanging from the ceiling.


And now, cardboard used as sets for mysterious plays



Shoes and environment made of cardboard by Zoey and David of Dossiers. Noe how the drawn outlines make reality look like a drawing!
 Continuing with the same 'look' of a drawn image on something tangible, here it is on ceramics-



 love!
ceramic drawings!  Black and white line drawings pulled magically from a sketchbook into the real world through the fantastic ceramic work of UK based artist Katharine Morling.


Oh, such fine craftsmanship!  I think this is what they made in China before they started tainting dog food.  Kind of looks like 'squirrel as marsupial'.
I'll push this out onto the inter tubes tonight when we get back from dinner, might not be able to post as frequently from the recliner in Boston-  it's too hard to stay awake.  But I'll be back and at it whenever I can.  Bye!  Have a Memorable Memorial Day, my least favorite holiday

No comments :