Wednesday, May 21, 2014

dumbness compulsive contretemps




Where does the white go when snow melts?   Unknown 




Last night the 16 frames arrived and they aren't the ones I ordered, they're better!  They are shallow, maybe 3/4" deep shadowbox style, apparently made for scrapbooking.  That means the printed part will set back from the glass.  The plan is that I'll adhere them in the centers to the backing and then allow the corners to curl away from the backing.  Each of the prints is smaller by just a tad than the 12" square so I will stick something around the edge so it will look more finished.  In my try-outs I found some black and tan thin stripe fabric and I loved it, so I may line the edges with it instead of just leaving it black.  Anyway, I am way excited to get this going-  I took about 6 of the frames and placed the prints inside and it looks good-  the stripe will make them great!  I'm still not sure where they will go, TY will probably not be in love with them but I'll find a place he doesn't have to look(!)

I was at the studio at 8 this morning and got the skeins of black yarn wound and ready to go.  AND I also got my paste papers fused to the little boxes, ready to trim and put together.  I am thinking I will put twine in each and hang them all together at different heights in a corner somewhere.  Or not.  Maybe I will just buy Christmas presents that all fit in 4" boxes from now on.  Another time waster, but it may lead somewhere.  At one point I was thinking to put small lights inside but then I'd have to poke holes all over to show the twinkle.  I can always do that later.  Had to leave the studio to go to a meeting, but didn't have time to get back to work after.
not the actual crazed dog because the real one doesn't have a white face

Since we are headed back to Boston on Thursday afternoon I don't think I'll have time to photograph all this stuff, but maybe when I get back and get a few things finished up.  I have to get the doggies packed up for their stay at the Pet Resort and that takes time with all Molly's meds and special needs. I can just send Pepper with a big bag of kibble and he would be happy as long as he can eat alone in a locked and barred room to keep him safe.  Sigh.  Anxiety disorders, poor guy.  He needs a 'helper dog'.  Aaarugh.


  • Incomplete Manifesto   Bruce Mau
  •       Don’t enter awards competitions. 
    Just don’t. It’s not good for you.





Yeah PHONE BOOKS!  Finnish paper artist Janna Syvänoja uses printed paper, maps, catalogues and phone books to create complex sculptures in an array of flowing and graceful designs. Through her work Syvänoja explores the the unique qualities and the potential of paper as a material. Speaking about her work she says, "I can make the rules, but the piece takes the shape of its own. When certain formed components start to follow each other and find their rhythm in my hands, the miracle happens." 





Generic Brand Video-  look familiar?  






Abigail Halpin combines delicate pencil drawings with stitch on antique postcards. Abigail also has many illustrated books and though her work is often very serene it also has a lovely sense of fun.

Squirrel of the Plaid Persuasion, I don't know why.  Perhaps he matches something like somebody's couch?  This is another etsy find I will not be buying.At the very least it's not a bunny.

No comments :