Tuesday, June 10, 2014

attrition beefy corrigible



It is easy to follow, but it is uninteresting to do easy things. We find out about ourselves only when we take risks, when we challenge and question. (Magdalena Abakanowicz)


Today I stayed away from the alligator.  Instead I went to my stitch meeting, took the dogs for a grooming, had lunch with some friends, and arranged for one of them to pick up my work at the local show in mid-August.  As soon as I got home I got a call that I was supposed to be getting my hair cut today and I was late.  No, I am supposed to et my hair cut tomorrow!  I never make Tuesday appointments because of my meeting ever Tuesday morning.  But I raced down to the appointment and they took me for the hair cut part.  Then I raced home to get the dogs, feed them and take care of a couple of neglected little fires.  Haven't done a single productive thing and I am ready for bed.  

But the good news is that my day tomorrow won't be truncated by a hair appointment and I have all day long to wrestle alligators.  Lucky me.  





Eureka artist Shannon Sullivan creates these incredible pieces that look organic and otherworldly at the same time




The Wall Art Project is a non-profit organization based in Tokyo who organizes Wall Art Festival (WAF), an initiative to bring art into schools in places like India and Tibet. The Japanese artist Yusuke Asai, who paints with basically anything he can get his hands on (tape, pens, leaves, dust and mud…) was asked to travel to the Niranjana School in Bahar (east India) to create a mural on the walls of a classroom.
You can only imagine the surprise when Asai unveiled a sprawling, immersive mural titled “Earth Painting; The Forest of Vows.” To create the piece, Asai sourced only locally available materials which included 7 different types of soil, cow dung, water and straw. Unfortunately the installation wasn’t permanent and was washed away after several months, but we do have these photos to document the art.


How bad things happen to good people-  it's always squirrels.

No comments :