Saturday, June 21, 2014

cone video calve




"Learn the order of things so you can unlearn the order of things and fly free." (Louise Corke)




The house hunt up north is heating up.  TY went today to the first showing of a nice small condo, really liked it a lot, and is thinking this might be 'it' except the agent hinted at a bidding war.  So he was all kerflumexed when I talked to him and doesn't know what to do-  but he's a Libra and always has a helluva time making decisions.  The pictures show a good space, certainly not big, in a renovated school in a desirable town so resale in the future is a good possibility.  It needs some work-  some paint and a few tweaks but it's in good shape and we could walk to Starbucks.  Hey, it's a perk.  And I would dearly LOVE to get the current condo on the market while I'm up there, get it cleaned once, staged a bit with our own stuff either moved or in storage, and then come back here for the realtor to do her thing.  I swore that I would never try to sell a house again with two dogs in residence.  Last time they got fat on McNuggets because that was where I would take them when the realtor would call at the last minute for a showing.  

So, because he wanted to run some numbers and I'm the one with the files I started digging through the piles and got frustrated with myself for not keeping them more lean-  I hauled out the shredder and for the entire afternoon I've been shredding old stuff I should have gotten at 2 years ago.  But I did manage to come up with the numbers he needs so we'll see how it goes.  This move has to save us considerably to make it worthwhile-  we really love the big condo but it's silly to hold on. 

In a frenzy yesterday I hit Home Goods and bought new sheets and comforters and a couple of baskets and some poufs made from knitted ropes, and (shoot me now) throw pillows for the guest room that doesn't exist yet.  I have jammed all this stuff into my studio, making any work there tougher and tougher, but (in my mind) saving myself tons of time and money to grab stuff on sale-  need two sets of queen sheets for guest room-  found Ralph Lauren red polkadots marked down a couple of times to $30.  Grabbed them right up.  SO, when you head for Palm Beach County next time, know you have a place with new sheets waiting.  I held back on a little chest of drawers for between the beds with a black and white stencil design on it-  walked around worrying about leaving it there for awhile until I saw it up on the checkout desk where somebody else had put it-  snooze, lose.  Yelled at myself all the way home.  

So, that's what's been going on here in the tropics.  Saturday night yet again, weird to not have a date!  Weird to make a hamburger for one!  I may have to go to a movie tomorrow just to see some people.  





UK artist Celia Smith works with various forms of wire to create delicate bird sculptures and installations. While somewhat abstract in appearance, the pieces are almost lifelike in form and scale as if drawn with a pen. You can see over 50 different pieces by the artist on her website, and catch an interview over on Ideas in the Making.


  • Incomplete Manifesto   Bruce Mau
  • Organization = Liberty. 
    Real innovation in design, or any other field, happens in context. That context is usually some form of cooperatively managed enterprise. Frank Gehry, for instance, is only able to realize Bilbao because his studio can deliver it on budget. The myth of a split between "creatives" and "suits" is what Leonard Cohen calls a ‘charming artifact of the past.’




Origami is both impressive in its folded construction as well as its ability to signify the need for change by urging us to look beyond the paper forms. Animals are no doubt the most popular subject, and Japanese artist Takayuki Hori has a twist on the conventional foldings. He crafts these animals to appear as victims of Japan’s urban pollution, and the pieces expose the sad truths of what happens to these creatures. Hori showcases garbage in their insides using X-ray-like detail. If you look closely, you can see tiny bottles and other trash within the stomachs and ribcages.








Vintage Brass Squirrel

Awwww, I don't run across too many brass squirrels and especially ones as cute as this guy. He's just hanging out with his acorn, letting life happen. He's vintage brass from the 1960's or 1970's when brass was so popular.
He measures 5" tall by 3 3/4" long by 1 3/4" wide and he's vintage brass that's been polished just enough to bring out the glow of the metal.  One of a kind    $18.00

(No, it's something I found- I'm not the one selling it!  If you're interested I'm not your gal.  Sorry.)

No comments :