Friday, June 13, 2014

resume cartographer ceq



If you don't do it my way, I suggest you commit suicide. (Josef Albers)




Call me 'Al'

OK, my threat came true.  I finished the alligator quilt today, the binding is on and sewn, the sleeve is done, it's ready to hang.  Oh, it needs a signature too, but that can wait.  Whew, another job done, and two weeks before (my personal) deadline at the end of the month.  So, cross your collective fingers and toes and send up a big 'acceptance' thought to the ether. We'll see if it works.  IF not, and TY doesn't know this yet, 'Al' will have a place of dishonor at the new house.  I see on my floor plan that there is a vacant wall in the garage...

I went to a party last night!  One of my former neighbors has an annual summer party to drink up all his wine and make room for more-  it's the highlight of the 'summer season' down here because we all think NOONE is here until the party when they all show up.  I am not alone, there are all sorts of people here but I have to ferret them out. I was so busy talking that I didn't help get rid of much wine so I'll go help with that task another time.  See?  I am not completely isolated!






While poking around a condemned building in Berlin, street artist Daan Botlek  dreamed up the idea of his white shilhouette figures executing a daring escape. The series of pieces here, Escape from Wuhlheide, was the result.

 Cari Vander Yacht animates old photographs she found in thrift stores located near her hometown in Portland, Oregon. For the Amsterdam-based art director’s side project, she breathes humor and new life into photographs that have been abandoned. Vander Yacht says she stares at the photos until she finds herself giggling over her animation ideas; she then scans and digitally manipulates the images until they become the animation she envisions. 







  Imagine a recorder made of a hollowed-out carrot, a guitar carved from celery. Using knives and drilling machines, the one-of-a-kind Vegetable Orchestra constructs their instruments entirely from fresh and dried vegetables, mimicking the sounds of everything from bass drums to airy flutes. Because the Vienna-based band works with organic materials that perish or dry out after a single performance or recording session, they must continually create and reinvent the tools of the medium.






No comments :