Friday, August 22, 2014

attitudinal abramson dosage




"In my music, I'm trying to play the truth of what I am. The reason it's difficult is because I'm changing all the time." (Charles Mingus)


Today I find myself happily in Quebec City, though it was a trial getting here!  Our room is lovely, the hotel superb- a perk of having a birthday once in awhile.  But the last 100 mTiles were pretty bad, driving rain and eyes that wouldn't stay open because OCD -Brain was worrying all night over her lists and how to get it all done before we locked the door!  But we made it, I took a long shower to get my hair back to normal proportions rather than the Crusty-the-Clown look I've been sporting lately.  And there's a Nespresso machine for me in the AM.  Tomorrow we;ll walk around and poke into shops,  In the afternoon a friend is coming to pick us up and take us to his Lake House then back here for dinner,  the day will be busy.  For now though, it's hitting the bed with my earphones on.  Regeneration.






 Not photographs, actually photo-realistic drawings by Malaysian artist Monica Lee! Using graphite pencils, Lee draws people, animals, and cityscapes in great detail, even going as far as including freckles and pores to make the portraits more true to life.



Artist Susanne Ussing (1940–1998) was a Danish visual artist and architect who worked in a variety of different mediums from photography and ceramics to large-scale installations and sensory exhibitions. One of her most impactful pieces was this 1980 installation titled I Drivhuset (In the Greenhouse) that was installed at the Ordrupgaard Museum in Copenhagen. The sculpture depicts a female figure who has seemingly grown too large for (or has become trapped by) a very tall glass greenhouse. Constructed from newspaper clippings, wood, and metal chimney vents, the figure is so large that her feet seem to penetrate the brick floor below.



Lovely photographs taken by Mark Sanders for Kinfolk magazine the nearest I can figure.




and what day would be complete without a SQUIRREL-  this one I guarantee , is NOT dead.  He just overindulged a bit.  I can sympathize.







No comments :