Wednesday, October 08, 2014

importune anagram patterson




“I don’t always wear underwear. When I’m in the heat, especially, I can’t wear it. Like, if I’m wearing a flower dress, why do I have to wear underwear?”
~ Naomi Campbell, b. 22 May 1970

First of all, Congratulations to this year's crop of Quilt National exhibitors-  I'm sure they will do us proud and I can't wait to see what they have to show us!  
My work here is done, time to go home apparently.  I worked around the condo today and got another load ready for Goodwill but I'll haul it off next time.  Whenever.  I was supposed to see Mister late this afternoon but time ran out and I needed to meet Judy for dinner and our crit group meeting.  Three were 5 of us and everybody was loaded with news of recent trips and the fiber extravaganza that is happening around Boston these days.  There are shows at the ICA, a talk at MassArt, the Fuller, and the MFA.  Wow-  then of course there are a couple of gallery shows too.  I needed to be here longer to get all this in!  By the time I get back it will all be over.
So after crit group I was wired up again and have spent hours looking for an oyster shell chandelier like I saw back in Jupiter.  I've found similar ones, but none have the black-to-white shells like the one I saw.  I can't wait for this house to be underway and get at it.  Hopefully when I get back there will be some scraped ground to inspect- should be happening soon.  THEN I will ba able to start stockpiling doorknobs and faucet washers and LED bulbs.  I have much to learn, much to investigate.  
Since it's so late and I have to get up early I'm going to get right to some art-




Spanish artist Pejac (previously) created a fun silhouette artwork commemorating the 40th anniversary of French high-wire walker Philippe Petit’s daring walk between the Twin Towers in New York. In Pejac’s version, a tightrope walker painted in black acrylic on an interior window is shown walking along an airplane contrail several miles away in the sky. The fun optical illusion caught the attention of Sasha Bogojev over at Hi-Fructose who discovered the artist has been creating similar silhouette artworks since 2011. Seen here are a few of our favorites. 


 remember the SNUGGIE?

 Meet the SLANKET.
And THE SHIVERS

And this years version, the SEAL PELT!  (lovely, eh?)

And the baby sized Seal Pelt!  Something for everybody.






First a Boeing 747, and now an industrial complex on a Vancover island; it seems no canvas is too large for Brazilian graffiti artists Os Gemeos who were invited to the Vancouver Biennale to turn six multi-story silos on Granville Island into their trademark ‘Giants.’ The murals on the 70-foot towers are now the largest paintings ever attempted by the pair, an astounding feat considering Os Gemeos completely donated a month of their time to create the non-profit art project. 



AnOther pelt-  this time fashioned into a squirrel suit for the Corgi to wear.  It may help in hunting for a short legged guy.  Or help him collect great dog cookies at Trick or Treat.

No comments :