Wednesday, November 19, 2014

altogether gateway deepest



"To create a little flower is the labour of ages." (William Blake)


Of course the cement wasn't poured today as scheduled-  I'm not surprised because it rained all night and I doubt that it hit 45 this morning.  When I drove by there were little orange hats on all the rebar and it looked like that underground terra-cotta Chinese army. We gave in and met with a  decorator yesterday to give some guidance and get us access to special stuff-  she's writing up a proposal now, but I don't think it's going to work because she likes complete control of an entire project 

and so do I...

Anyway, as nice as it would be to hand over the reins to the yucky parts, I really need to be around and involved in the fun parts.  We'll see what she proposes, I could be wrong.

So today I got to spend at the studio where I worked on the GD blasted ATC's that I am spending way too much time on and getting VERY LITTLE bang for the time-buck.  But I did get them all bound on two sides.  OK, they aren't bound, they are fused, but I will tack them down in the end, promise.  It's making me long for a nice involved brain-splitting project that has nothing to do with building!   Oh well.  I'll get to something more scintillating soon enough. 

This brought me put of my funk.


Since two of my orchids are re-blooming even after I actually repotted them, an earth even if ever there was one, today we talk about flowers with no fear!



  The Diphylleia Grayi is a wonderfully unique flower whose petals turn clear as glass when it’s splattered with raindrops. Commonly referred to as the skeleton flower, it hails from the moist wooded mountainsides in the colder regions of China and Japan. The flowers come out in late spring, with large, fuzzy green, umbrella-like foliage topped with small clusters of pretty white petals. And when it rains, they’re such a wonderful sight to behold. 





 Donald Baechler is a wonderful artist based in New York. I’m so in love with his cast bronze sculptures. Baechler’s work is represented by several galleries in the USA and Europe. I invite you to visit the artist’s website to view more of his art.



And the high point of my day arrived with this morning's email from Sue-  this little guy:
How adorable is that?  


No comments :