Sunday, November 23, 2014

pipes spate rebellious


“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.”
~ Otto von Bismarck, b. 1 April 1815

Today I had to go to the mall so I could be overdressed (see above) on Thanksgiving-  I bought a new sweatshirt at great expense and hope the sleeves stay rolled up while I have kitchen duty.  Then tonight I washed my black jeans and packed my little bag-  don't need much for three days.  I also packed the dog's bag for boarding and that probably took a bit longer.  I wouldn't even need a bag except I found a couple of games and things to do with the two bigger kids, 4 and 6, to keep them out of everybody else's hair for a bit.  Anyway, that took half the suitcase.  

But the exciting thing going on here is that our cement is poured.  I visited it yesterday, took some pictures, then had to go to Radio Shack to find a cord to transfer the pictures to the computer-  who knows what happened to this one, I have about two others that don't fir this camera.  And I know that I'll find it now that I have a new one.  
My new garage

The great room

The kitchen and lanai

And the bedroom with bathroom behind it.  Don't just die of envy.  Bring your skateboard over and try it out. Or inline skates.  I don't know what happens next, but you can bet I'll be on the lot waiting for my guys to appear and tell me.  No, I didn't put my handprints in it, I got there too late, but something scurried across and is probably lamenting it's 'cement shoes' under some bush nearby.  Maybe a squirrel, but I hope not.  Maybe a rat, and I hope so!
stuck?





Just one arty thing today, I'm in a time crunch tonight.





 Nasa Funahara, an undergrad from the Musashino Art University in Japan, owns a collection of 450 rolls of masking tape in every color and pattern available. I’m guessing that for want of storage space, she began using some of them to replicate famous paintings like Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl Earring and Van Gogh’s Sunflowers. more
How she does it freehand with masking tape is already mind boggling, not to mention that each piece is about the size of a tatami mat which takes an entire laborious week to complete.



No comments :