Sunday, February 22, 2015

taylor dolly brownie




 "Ideas are developed in accordance with style."  anonymous Chinese painter 


Today I've been showing people through the house, just curious neighbors and some old friends but I keep hoping somebody will throw out some ideas for some 'problem' areas.  Yesterday TY and I were out and about and stopped at a cement sculpture and glazed garden pot place where we found some doable fountains for the first little entry room-  tall and narrow with just bubbling water coming up and spilling over the top edge-  simple.  I pretty much liked it but TY had some issues with the saucer underneath being too big.  Sigh.  On to the next idea.

In other WAY-too-much-time-spent-on-things, the chandelier I fell in love with is unfortunately a rectangle and only half as biog as I want it to be.  I will NOT buy two on principle, but TY doesn't like it, I'm happy to settle, and so it goes with the meeting of the minds.  Nobody said it would be easy.   Then, yesterday we went to order the final lights for the place only to have a salesperson in training who was less help than a rabbit.  She brought up all sots of issues that WE have to now deal with on Monday but I have gotten three texts from her restating what *I* have to straighten out rather than her simply calling our contractor.  She told me four times (FOUR!) that she is a breast cancer survivor.  Of course I expressed my sympathy but it got tired quickly, like this is an excuse for being an ass.  


But on top other things!  When I was home the kids gave me a great teeshirt, long sleeved and beefy-  just the way I like 'em.
However it was 2 sizes too small and there weren't others for replacement.
SO, I cut off the sleeves and back and stuck the front in a frame I had lying around with a bad collage inside.

Sew?  Yeah, like Sew What!  Love this.  Will hang it as soon as I am ALLOWED to spend time in the studio again, maybe September!  I certainly am getting itchy to be there but it seems all I do is deliver stuff to store there until it has a place the house.


I have a great artist to talk about today, 
 Lisa Anne Auerbach likes to make statements, which are most often knitted. She is best known for her sweater-and-skirt works that feature clever, assertive slogans offering commentary and critique on issues that are important to her, whether political or personal. After receiving an M.F.A. in photography from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, Calif., she no longer had access to the school’s darkroom and taught herself to knit instead. “Knitting was a way I could continue to make art,” she says. “It’s portable and I can do it anywhere. Now that I’m teaching photography at Pomona College, I knit on the train during my commute, and it’s a great way to pass the time in faculty meetings.” 







Cycling LA
There were several articles about her online, but not much newer than 2011 so I don't know what has happened to her work-  possibly she is just too busy to update her website with all her gallery and commission work.  


I should talk, can't remember when I last added anything to my website.  If you don't see it here it doesn't exist but this seems to be the last resting place of all my images.  Must get at it...some day...  Thanks for checking in here once in awhile, I really do intend to get back to frequent posting in spite of the fact that blogs are pretty passe any more.  Just don't have much extra time lately, hopefully soon!


Ommmmmmmmmm


No comments :