Thursday, July 30, 2015

commute guidebook ass

Don’t forget the purpose of your work   Angela Waters


Sneezy the Squirrel, the Penn State guy who puts up with being costumed by a student who's parents are wondering WTF???
ANYway, this article appeared that might give some of us pause (paws?) before we start any Squirrel haberdashery ideas:
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. - One squirrel has tested positive for bubonic plague in Jefferson County and now measures are being taken to combat exposure to the public, Karyln Tilley with the City of Golden said Saturday.
"The risk to residents contracting plague is extremely low," said JCPH director Dr. Mark Johnson. "We want people to be aware that summer marks the beginning of the plague season and just a few simple precautions will further reduce that risk," he said.
Postings are being placed around the area of 15th and Jackson Streets in the City of Golden with information reminding citizens to take simple precautions to avoid exposure.
Plague is a highly infectious bacterial disease carried by various types of wild rodents and is transmitted primarily by flea bites.  Squirrels, rodents, prairie dogs and other mammals, such as rabbits and cats are susceptible to plague because they carry fleas, JCPH spokesperson Kodi Bryant said. 


Umm, wanna see what's up here?
Last part of the second load yesterday afternoon.  What we didn't know THEN that we do know NOW was that somehow the Comcast cable boxes got put into one of these- or perhaps one of the others already loaded.  We went to pick them up today to return and there was only one-  We had three plus the internet thingy.  We had some 'splainin' to do.  

Before we left I took pictures of the empty space. TY is having a large case of seller-regret. Not me, I am so ready to move on!





                                                      

                                                   








Wow, it sure looks bigger than I remembered from moving in day!  I loved the cherry floors and the columns I never got around to painting rusty iron.  Loved the black room  with 2 brick walls and 2 round high windows-  that was my studio and it worked great-  loved to spend time in there.  But I'm over it, want to spend my time in Florida where the traffic is better, there are no potholes, and it is so much easier to just live life comfortably.  Today I signed the Deed since I won't go to the closing, signed my Power of Attorney, and away I went to eat a delicious bowl of watermelon gazpacho.  


I'm sitting in the hotel lounge overlooking the Charles River and waiting to go to the airport now.  Out the side windows is the location of the Totem Pole, a giant entertainment site that closed back in the early 60's.  I was there only once, at the ballroom, with a blind date that grew up to be a very famous as-seen-on-tv salesman.  We carried on a correspondence through the summer but by fall I wasn't interested.  Meanwhile, 40 years later, I loved to walk my dog through the stone foundations of the long-gone buildings, overgrown and wild but still with wonderful views down the river.  



So, I really do have some art here, different takes on Mona by contemporary  artists-
David Muller

Matt Zumbo

Mark Perkins

Timothy White





Each of Young’s sculptural works are hand drawn, hand cut and handcrafted from clear sheet float glass made for windows, then laminated layer upon layer to create the final form. He constructs models, draws templates, makes custom jigs and then cuts the layers with a glazier’s hand-tool. The complexity comes from the planning phase, where he says “I do a lot of thinking before I even start to draw or cut.” He then sketches the concept by hand and creates a plan using traditional technical drawing techniques: “I work with 2D shapes and have to figure out how to translate that into a 3D finished piece. Sometimes my starting point changes dramatically as I have to find a way to layer the glass to create certain shapes.” The texture and colour of the glass varies in every piece according to its thickness and arrangement.


I've said enough, your turn!




No comments :