Tuesday, September 22, 2015

abominable condense bronchial

It is the focus on the highest ideal day after day that saves life from being wrapped up in small whirlwinds. (Maharishi Mahesh Yogi)



Antique Squirrel


Still woozy, and getting very sick of this act.  I threw caution to the winds and went out with the gurlz for dinner last night- badly needed a glass of wine and to get away from here for an hour.  I didn't go to the Stitch group today even though I had said I would.  One gal called and couldn't make it but I had arranged with two others last night to show up.  Instead I arranged for the wallpaper guy to come out Friday-  that took four phone alls to get coordinated.  Unfortunately I have my annual checkup at the arranged wallpaper time so I now have to explain to TY what the hell this is all about and to be there to get him started.  The paper I am putting up is like a decal, peel off the backing and stick it up.  Then when you're tired of it you can move it to a new place.  Sounds good, eh?  We'll see.  I ordered it from Peabody MA and I'll post the results whenever I get electricity in the house to snap it.

Then I skedaddled to the studio to finish up a few things, get some fusible on a bunch of scraps, and continue drawing into the rusty piece.  Somehow three hours flew by, I don't know how, and I got a all to get to the house immediately.  Off I go to discuss the cement wall with the Landscaps guy, the landscape architect, the head guy, and the guy who is the builder.  And of course TY and ME.  We all roped over the yard arguing about what can and can't be done-  I had to keep finding a wall to lean on, felt awful.

My pretty front door was ripped out, the guy with the jackhammer was tearing through the cement to open up one edge 6" and then, yup, CLOSE up the other side 6".  Seems somebody put it in without checking symmetry and lucky somebody saw it, so it's a do-over.  There was a whole crew there working on that, and the inside was tented from fall-out.  It loos like a crime scene. 









French artist and photographer Charles Pétillion has just unveiled a cumulus cloud composed of 100,000 white balloons illuminated from the inside at London’s Covent Garden. Titled ‘Heartbeat,’ the installation was created as part of the upcoming London Design Festival and stretches the length of the South Hall ceiling of the Market Building. Pétillion is known for his use of white balloons to fill unusual spaces, a photographic series he refers to as Invasions. This is by far his largest installation to date and his first public art piece. He shares about Heartbeat:
The balloon invasions I create are metaphors. Their goal is to change the way in which we see the things we live alongside each day without really noticing them. With Heartbeat I wanted to represent the Market Building as the beating heart of this area – connecting its past with the present day to allow visitors to re-examine its role at the heart of London’s life.








No comments :