Friday, August 12, 2016

virginal scorn aggrieve

“The object, which is back of every true work of art, is the attainment of a state of being, a state of high functioning, a more than ordinary moment of existence. In such moments activity is inevitable, and whether this activity is with brush, pen, chisel, or tongue, its result is but a by-product, a footprint, of the state.” (Robert Henri)


Squirrel-as-Logo


After much discussion we went to see the 'Cafe Society' last night after sitting at a bar and drinking a few cider beers.  blah blah blah blah.  I usually love Woody Allen movies but this one left me sort of waiting for it to start.  And it didn't.  He apparently has had all his usual actors age out because only Parker Posey was left over from previous appearances-  well, you may spot more, but I guess I didn't care enough.  Please don't argue with me about Woody-  that was all so last century and frankly I have loved his string of movies that everybody swore they would never go to again. But not this one.  
Gave it a 'C' for Comatose-inducing.  
Would have been a 'C-' but I was able to do a much appreciated power nap and not miss a thing.  Must have been all that beer.  I mean cider.  No, I mean beer.

Remember the new kitchen rug I told you I hated the other day?  Well, I still hate it but am warming up to it's thousand polypropylene colors because it hides everything.  I have tried dyeing it with coffee and tea, brut strength BTW, and it just rolls right through without leaving a trace.  This was the strong stuff left in the bottom of the pot with the grounds too-  Left it to dry and vacuumed up the grounds, I think-  I couldn't find them in the pattern.  So perhaps Molly, formerly my Canine Companion and current biggest pita,  will learn to pee there instead of the mega-expensive wall-to-wall silver gray bedroom carpet.  

I now understand elder abuse because I am SO tempted to whack her bony bottom but know I can't-  she is now 88 in dog years and the pee control just ain't there.  But neither is her faulty warning system.  All I can think of it will be me soon enough.



Oh, I almost forgot to tell you- 
today is NATIONAL VINYL RECORD DAY.  
Party on.




Only one small section of the circles before binding-


Generating a whole lot hand sewing apparently.


I had a mile of binding cut, fused, and sewn end to end, thought I had more than enough but nope, I used all I had made and didn't finish even half of the circles/ ogees.  So, tomorrow I will start out by cutting more- hopefully I have enough fabric to finish it, other wise I will have to revert to silver waxed linen.  Bummer.
Another full day at work on a second autobiography while I decide what to do ih the top of the tower,  We'll call the tower the Square autobio, this one is the Ogee Autobio, and waiting in piles all around the studio are a thousand pointed ovals that I don't even know the shape name, but more especially what to DO with 'em. And who knows what will be the fallout from that!!!   


I need a plan.  And a martini.



Teeny Tiny ARTSY PARTSY







Mateo Pizarro’s tiny graphite drawings are scarcely larger than the length of a match but contain enough detail to suggest entire stories, both surreal and terrifying. The Colombian artist refers to these as his Micro-Barroque series, and while the images shown here seem focused on the incredible detail contained in small spaces, Pizarro also explores more macabre and unsettling images in a collection 
of hybrid creatures titled Bestiary of Improbable Animals.






Heat Warning-  don't dress up your...critter... in wool vests in the heat of summer.  They get cranky.  And grimace horribly.


No comments :